Tractor snowblower vs skid steer snowblower

/ Tractor snowblower vs skid steer snowblower #1  

Mikefromcny

Bronze Member
Tractor
White 2-65, Kubota B9200
Hi all,
Tired of plowing my driveway...snow banks, tearing up the yard etc.

I've been keeping an eye out for a skid steer snowblower. I have a bobcat s250, regular flow, heated cab. A friend with a t180, put a sb200 on his, said it was terrible in the wet snow. Chute kept plugging.

I have a Kubota b9200, 4x4 gear drive with bf350 loader. Thinking about trying to find a front mount snowblower for it. I realize they aren't super common, and the loader would have to come off. I don't use the loader much any how.

Thing is, I've never seen a front mount Kubota snowblower (2 stage) that wasn't impressive. Another friend has a b7300? 16hp with a front mount snowblower, and it's unstoppable. I'd consider my f2560 if it was 4x4.

Are there any good regular flow skid steer snowblowers, or should I start looking for one for my b9200?

/ Tractor snowblower vs skid steer snowblower #2  
A friend built one for his CASE, not high flow. That very popular mid sized machine with the Cummins. So it can work. He is a perfectionist, so if it was marginal, he would have nothing to do with it. I think he used a Lucknow blower. I had one, and they are efficient.

/ Tractor snowblower vs skid steer snowblower #3  
There are different manufacturers and the better ones match the pumps and motors better for better results!

/ Tractor snowblower vs skid steer snowblower #4  
I will second arts comment.. matching pump/blower/machine makes a difference I have a high flow toolcat with the SB200 w/9.6 pump and it works but not near as well as my old 3point on the wimpy 25 horse NH 1620 but with a cab, wipers and heat I can deal with less throwing distance..