Trading in an almost new tractor?

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #31  
To address your specific question 'What can you expect to lose on the deal ?"
There are always two factors affecting price - market and cost. Many have addressed market - it seems to be a seller's market - good for the price you'll get for your Bobcat. It being a seller's market, not good for you and your purchase of another brand. The more knowledge you can develop of the market, the better you can command the price you'll get for the Bobcat.

Unless under duress, dealers will not sell tractors for less than 10% gross profit margin. Dealers are not under selling price duress. Except under unusual market conditions, would any consumer purchase used, instead of new, for less than 10 % ? No. So that means, from a cost perspective, you'd lose not less than 20% on your purchase - the 10% the consumer wants, and the 10% the dealer wants. This address cost - it does not address market.

Selling yourself ? Anything you can do to equal how the dealer sells, the easier the sale will be for you. Clean and service the tractor. Can you offer free delivery ? Can you invite a banker to come look at your tractor and then with easy contact information for the buyer - i.e., call the banker, and with credit score in hand, the banker can commit to a loan, X money down ? Alert your prospects to come with their credit score in hand for contact with the banker. Will the banker require insurance ? If so, have insurance information handy. Can you take a credit card for the purchase? perhaps through your business or a friends ?

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #32  
Before I buy a John Deere check out Branson tractors at keno tractors and talk to Eric or George you'll be pleasantly surprised I am not affiliated with them at all

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #33  
Actually I'm thinking of getting something smaller if going from a Bobcat CT2040 to a John Deere 2038R is in that direction.
Any reason to go green? Mahindra MAX series may be very competitive, price wise. Kioti too. The green machine always seem like they use crummy Valving on their FEL's. They don't multi movement very well.