trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools
#1,241  
Looks like we'll be blazing single track trails on Saturday.
blazingkit724.jpg
blazing732.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,243  
That's a LOT of walking! I bet your 'dogs' are tired :)

On a serious note, that's a very commendable effort that you and your family members put out. And not just once - but on a continous basis. It's sad that you've gotten so little of voluntary help and funding. A Glad Hand only goes so far...

I can truly empathsize, having been a Little League coach for a number of years. No help, no assistance - monitarily nor physical, lots of responsibilty, and somehow it became my responbility. It's sort of like the story like "I run the train, but I'm not allowed to blow the whisle. But you let that train run off the tracks, and see who catches hell."

Many of us on here tip our hats off to you all. Thanks Arly and family!

PS We sure enjoy the picutes and notes. Don't stop.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,244  
Since we have so many dead ash along my short trails, it's been to dangerous to maintain them.
A few already dropped onto the trail and still a few more large dead trees shedding limbs.
But the trail from my garage through to the shared road is in good shape, so I went along it and knocked down the weeds and brush.
20240608_114024.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,245  
It's never ending at our place. Fortunately, I can just drive the PT brush cutter around it and re-route our trail if I want. Or, just make a cut in the middle and push each half to a side.
Same except there is a family member owned sand beach on a river which we haven't been able to visit for a few years- it is over grown with growth.

The river has moved and reestablishing a trail is going to be a job. Water level needs to drop a few feet before we can work on it.
The brush was so thick, we never even made it to the old beach yesterday but working on a plan for next month.

To start with the 550 backhoe, Rhino tractor with grapple, brush cutter , box blade, rake. chainsaws, DR brush cutter, blade on new echo spin trim, pole saw, etc. Oh and a couple strong kids, getting to old for this :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240608_194005790.jpg
    PXL_20240608_194005790.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20240608_194001336.jpg
    PXL_20240608_194001336.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20240608_194314363.jpg
    PXL_20240608_194314363.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #1,246  
I was just out mowing a trail I made last year. It's still a little rough, but coming along. As I was mowing, I was thinking it was a lot thicker and a pain in the a** making it, than it appears now. It took a lot more effort than one would think now that it's been tamed.

Last edited:
#1,247  
That's a LOT of walking! I bet your 'dogs' are tired :)

On a serious note, that's a very commendable effort that you and your family members put out. And not just once - but on a continous basis. It's sad that you've gotten so little of voluntary help and funding. A Glad Hand only goes so far...

I can truly empathsize, having been a Little League coach for a number of years. No help, no assistance - monitarily nor physical, lots of responsibilty, and somehow it became my responbility. It's sort of like the story like "I run the train, but I'm not allowed to blow the whisle. But you let that train run off the tracks, and see who catches hell."

Many of us on here tip our hats off to you all. Thanks Arly and family!

PS We sure enjoy the picutes and notes. Don't stop.
I could write a book of "suggestions for you to do" for help but then hear "I'm to busy" to do anything but keyboard more smart suggestions.

The suggestions = I'm so smart, I give no $$$ either.

#1,248  
Our doing some whacking of weeds n trees today. The "smoke" in the top photo is moisture coming off the cut grass. It was lightly raining as we worked today. If you are new here, we only run .155 string.
brtwhacking54.jpg
brtwhacking0159.jpg
brtwhacking0160.jpg
brtwhacking10161.jpg