TYM 273 Problems

/ TYM 273 Problems #1  

km-ri

I don't really want to pile on or become a TYM basher but I figured I would alert you 2xx series owners to a few recent issues.

1. Gauge cluster failure - my dash gauges just quit working - solution warranty replacement.
2. Blown hydraulic steering hose - I had heard folks comment on hydraulic line routing and to check them. I thought they were referring to BH or FEL lines. Sure enough the power steering line is routed right over a gusset which has a sharp edge as well as a bolt which also rubbed the hose. End result, a mess on my driveway, and another trip to the dealer for a repair. Gentlemen check your power steering hose today. I am curious what my dealer will do to prevent this from happening again? If nothing then I will certainly get some armor wrap.....
3. Backhoe/resevoir issue - backhow still results in hydraulic fluid leaking out vent tube (pluged the breather hole in the top plug). As mentioned countless times a new cover and hardware needs to be offered. A cover that is deeper would do the trick. I am tempted to have one made in our shop but then all the hoses (tubing) need to be changed as well.

My dealer in RI has been stand up on all of these issues and so far has picked up and delivered the tractor for the bubble (granted he is only 3 miles away).

/ TYM 273 Problems #2  
Shim the cap so it rotate 180 degrees and that will stop the hydraulic leaking from the cap. If you look at the cap you will see that no matter how you put it in the slot in the cap lines up with the high pressure returning. If the cap is rotated 180 degrees the slot is on the oppposit side. After many trials and errors mine no longer leaks, but I had to shim it with gasket material to get it to rotate the 180 degrees.