TYM (Scorpion) T580 Preheater Problem

/ TYM (Scorpion) T580 Preheater Problem #1  

SteamyLouStool

Tractor
Bear1000$
I recently started to work on a T580 with a 2.9 John Deere Powertech Engine. Noticed that my Preheater (Glow Plug) light was not lighting up on the dash traced it back to the Black W/Yellow Stripe Power wire that feeds the Glow Plug Relay to be missing power. According to the service manual I have it is given power by the battery through a fusible link. I have no idea where that fusible link is and I am wondering if anyone has any idea where it is? Also, does anyone know if there is a re-drawn Wiring Diagram anywhere, the one in the service manual is awful to use.

/ TYM (Scorpion) T580 Preheater Problem #2  
I have that same motor in my T-700 my light comes on and then goes off but doesn't seem to help or aid in the starting of the engine. I replaced the glow plug and it still didn't matter it was a rough starting son of a gun. I bought an engine block heater for it and now it is a totally different animal. Starts right up no smoke at all. Here is the block heater I installed and because it is a cabbed unit I bought the fitting to reroute the heater for the cab. I am well pleased with this as I was worried about it starting this winter. I had to take the loader off and the loader support to get to the engine. If I were to do it over I would get a longer cord as the one sent with the package is too short. I also think that I must of done something wrong in the grand scheme of things as my temperature gauge is not working. Not sure where that is if you know any help in that area is greatly appreciated. I hope that this info in some way helps, I know it is not what you were exactly looking for but if you are in a colder climate this will make a huge difference in starting your tractor.

Attachments

• john_deere_lv150155_installation_instructions.pdf
    446.6 KB · Views: 41
   / TYM (Scorpion) T580 Preheater Problem #3  
I recently started to work on a T580 with a 2.9 John Deere Powertech Engine. Noticed that my Preheater (Glow Plug) light was not lighting up on the dash traced it back to the Black W/Yellow Stripe Power wire that feeds the Glow Plug Relay to be missing power. According to the service manual I have it is given power by the battery through a fusible link. I have no idea where that fusible link is and I am wondering if anyone has any idea where it is? Also, does anyone know if there is a re-drawn Wiring Diagram anywhere, the one in the service manual is awful to use.
This may be helpful to you.

Dave

Attachments

• wiring diagram for tymt-700_0001.jpg
    wiring diagram for tymt-700_0001.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 24