TYM T574, good, bad and ugly?

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #11  
Yes. The 574 runs the turbo version. I believe it is the same engine that is in the 5520 Branson. TYM mostly runs Kukje now since they bought the company. They have a few models with a Yanmar. My prediction is that they phase those out.

I'd been under the impression that they were phasing out their use of Yanmar, it just seems quicker than I imagined.

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #12  
New to this forum and nice to see some affirmation of my decision to buy a 574 hst yesterday :cool: I have no hours on mine at home yet, but the drive around the dealer parking lot was fun LOL

One quibble I had, that wasn't a deal breaker by any means, is that it seems the range selector is a bit finicky, which may be affected by my lack of technique. Hopefully I'll figure out the "touch" to switch ranges effortlessly, while at a stop of course.

Last edited:
   / TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #13  
Range selectors on lots of brands are finicky, on my 2538 you can forget about changing ranges if you are in 4 wheel, lower rpm raise front end up with loader and take out of 4x4 and change range , much easier,

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #14  
New to this forum and nice to see some affirmation of my decision to buy a 574 hst yesterday :cool: I have no hours on mine at home yet, but the drive around the dealer parking lot was fun LOL

One quibble I had, that wasn't a deal breaker by any means, is that it seems the range selector is a bit finicky, which may be affected by my lack of technique. Hopefully I'll figure out the "touch" to switch ranges effortlessly, while at a stop of course.
Tap forward/backward very very lightly on a level surface, and selector tends to move a little bit easier.

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #15  

It will get better over time, once things wear out a little bit and once you get the right feel for it.

Don't be like those people that leave the tractor in the same range gear for years and years and when they finally realize they need to change ranges, the pivot shaft for the range lever is frozen solid with rust.

Use that lever frequently and you'll have no issues swapping ranges. Same for the 4WD lever.

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #16  
Thanks guys. The salesman told me to give it just a bit of pedal pressure while trying to select a range. That usually worked on my test drive but not consistently. He also suggested turning the steering wheel also may help unbind things just enough.

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #17  
Same when taking it out of 4wd, drive slowly while turning steering wheel back and forth until it effortlessly pushes down on the engagment leveler. Never force it.

/ TYM T574, good, bad and ugly? #18  
Thanks guys. The salesman told me to give it just a bit of pedal pressure while trying to select a range. That usually worked on my test drive but not consistently. He also suggested turning the steering wheel also may help unbind things just enough.
I bought a new 2021 T574 last year. It was stiff and finicky at first, but it has loosened up and shifts much better as I have put more hours on it and worked it.