Typical hydraulic leak down time?

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time? #1  

Dragonpharm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538 with backhoe, Massey Ferguson 156 gas
I am curious what would be 'typical' time for pressure to leak down on a CUT backhoe when parked? I have a Mahindra 1538 with a backhoe that is new to me. Because we have been using it a lot I haven't bothered putting the pins in place when parking it between uses. I've noticed that after about 3-4 days the hoe will end up resting on the ground and one of the stabilizers goes down about halfway. Wondering if this is normal or if I should be looking into it?
IMG_20210903_113019.jpg

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time? #2  
That is normal for any brand. Some will hold better than others but all valves leak down to a degree.

When you park it for the day it is a good idea to lower everything to the ground. If it is a space issue where you park it then block everything so it can't fall.

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time? #3  
Use more, seals wear more, leaks down faster. Darn that gravity!

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time?
That is normal for any brand. Some will hold better than others but all valves leak down to a degree.

When you park it for the day it is a good idea to lower everything to the ground. If it is a space issue where you park it then block everything so it can't fall.
I typically do lower everything. Because the machine is new to me I wanted to see what happened. Plus I don't usually get to park it now. My daughters have jumped at the chance to operate the tractor every chance they get. Not that I blame them, it's still a toy even when working it hard.

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time? #5  
I have a bobcat brand backhoe I believe it’s made by rhino for them. It has very low hours on it and it leaks down very quickly from day one. I can literally watch the arm sag if I extend it straight up and out. Not very happy about it or sure if it’s normal but I just assumed it is what it is.

/ Typical hydraulic leak down time? #6  
I am curious what would be 'typical' time for pressure to leak down on a CUT backhoe when parked? I have a Mahindra 1538 with a backhoe that is new to me. Because we have been using it a lot I haven't bothered putting the pins in place when parking it between uses. I've noticed that after about 3-4 days the hoe will end up resting on the ground and one of the stabilizers goes down about halfway. Wondering if this is normal or if I should be looking into it? View attachment 713813
You need to put everything down when not using. Found a little boy under a back hoe bucket once. Wasn't good. Instructions say put it down or pin it up. Front and back ends.