3-Point Hitch UFO joystick wiring F235

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #1  

vietvetharry

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max26XL Shuttle, Montana C4864
Ernie, if you are there...I asked Aaron for a re-wiring diagram for the joystick on my F235, but he wasn't comfortable with the UFO system.

From the attached very rough diagram can you, or anyone, provide me with some guidance.

Each solenoid has two wires attached that are joined together, green on top (up) and blue on bottom (down). Attached to the blue wires is the ground wire going to the fender.

From the joystick there are 3 wires...I assume the front one goes to the blue solenoid wires for down and the back wire goes to the green for up.

The center wire I assume is for power and I also assume it needs a hot wire from the battery here, but does the neutral battery wire also attach here?

Do I also need a ground wire from the upper (green) solenoid connection?

Help!

Attachments

• F235 3pt Hydraulics stetch.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 250
   / UFO joystick wiring F235 #2  
Harry, did I ever tell you that I type like a turtle.:laughing:
Please give me a call, my # is on my website.
Thanks Ernie

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #3  
Harry -- After you talk to Ernie, please post the wiring fix here for future reference -- Thanks. (vets type faster than Ernie :thumbsup: )

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #4  
Ernie, if you are there...I asked Aaron for a re-wiring diagram for the joystick on my F235, but he wasn't comfortable with the UFO system.

From the attached very rough diagram can you, or anyone, provide me with some guidance.

Each solenoid has two wires attached that are joined together, green on top (up) and blue on bottom (down). Attached to the blue wires is the ground wire going to the fender.

From the joystick there are 3 wires...I assume the front one goes to the blue solenoid wires for down and the back wire goes to the green for up.

The center wire I assume is for power and I also assume it needs a hot wire from the battery here, but does the neutral battery wire also attach here?

Do I also need a ground wire from the upper (green) solenoid connection?

Help!

Has anyone ever come up with a solution for this issue? I have a Fx165D with no mechanical linkage to the 3pt lift. The up/down lever is connect to 2 solenoids as sketched out in the PDF attached above.

Is there a way to bypass all the computer controls and just send a simple up/down signal?

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #5  
To clarify my problem:
The control of the 3pt up/down will work fine for a while. Then all of a sudden it will get stuck in a down position and will not lift. If I manually push the solenoids on the 3pt it will lift/lower no problem so I assume my problem is electrical. I do not own the implements with sensors. Just want to switch everything to manual so that I can operate as needed.View attachment tractor controls.pdf IMG_0799.jpg

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #6  
Go with whatever fix tractorernie provides. He knows them. I have never work on or with an F model.
Only suggestion I have is check your grounds. Intermittent troubles can often be traced to a poor ground.

/ UFO joystick wiring F235 #7  
Like CoyPatton said, most of the time its a bad ground or a bad connection.

If the controls get wet or greasy they might work after they dry out.

I once unplugged each plastic connection and sprayed them with electrical contact cleaner, then I plugged them all back in and presto they worked. (unplug one at a time)

Be sure to check ALL the wires for a good ground, and spray both buttons on the solenoid with a good lubricant while you push them in and out by hand, they get gritty sometimes and stick.

I have totally rewired quite a few of these in the past with American toggle switches in order to make them work. (mostly shibauras) I used double throw momentary switches.

Without being in front of the machine its kinda hard to diagnose the problem... But a good cleaning might be your answer.