UTV Tires

/ UTV Tires #11  
On my sport side by side I run Carnivores - very tough tire, decent on the asphalt and great in the woods on a variety of WV trails from rock to mud.
On my Mule Pro (bigger utility machine) I have Pitfall growlers. Excellent in the woods and seem like they may last a LONG time. 1200 miles so far and mostly on rock, and asphalt and look new. They also seem to carry a heavy load well, they are expensive but if they last and work well I can live with the little extra cost.

/ UTV Tires #12  
Tusk Terrabites are good, tough, DOT-rated radial tires. I've been happy with them in the Paul Bunyan that has a lot of rocks, roots, loom, hard pack, and then more rocks. I did cut a sidewall on one tire in the last 3,000 miles. Anyway, Terrabites are what I run in the summer on my UTV. Also, don't buy bigger wheels and tires for whatever you get. Doing so is hard on the suspension and wheel bearings.

50429727237_affdcf8433_k.jpg

I run Commanders with about 150 studs in each tire in the winter.

49702911533_d9f3990c42_k.jpg

49241517638_215169bbe0_k.jpg
I disagree imo going up one tire size ie a 26 to a 27 requires no adjustment and won't hurt anything, go up two sizes might have to adjust the clutching if it's belt driven which is what will take the most abuse from a tire upgrade imo. Upgrading rims and tires on my pioneer 500 and wolverine X4 by one size was one of the best upgrades I did.

/ UTV Tires #13  
I agree with Jeff - I would not worry about going up a tire size or two. We been doing it on tons of machines and of the ones I repair I have not noticed any change in bearing wear - most wear we see is from mud or extreme use. Most issues I deal with is guys crashing into stuff......

/ UTV Tires #15  
I disagree imo going up one tire size ie a 26 to a 27 requires no adjustment and won't hurt anything, go up two sizes might have to adjust the clutching if it's belt driven which is what will take the most abuse from a tire upgrade imo. Upgrading rims and tires on my pioneer 500 and wolverine X4 by one size was one of the best upgrades I did.

Suspension seats, and a mesh rear screen to keep dirt from flinging into the cab area were the two best upgrades I did followed by a Dalton Clutch and an IR sensor on the belt so I know when it is overheating.

Anyway, RZRs live different lives. I wouldn't ever want to put even more unsprung weight on the twiddly bits as the increased wear and leverage leads to more failures out on the trails.

/ UTV Tires #16  
Suspension seats, and a mesh rear screen to keep dirt from flinging into the cab area were the two best upgrades I did followed by a Dalton Clutch and an IR sensor on the belt so I know when it is overheating.

Anyway, RZRs live different lives. I wouldn't ever want to put even more unsprung weight on the twiddly bits as the increased wear and leverage leads to more failures out on the trails.
I see your point and an IR sensor for the belt or clutches would be a great add on, I remember how hot my primary clutch and belt got when I long tracked one of my old snowmobiles, a sxs is 3 times the weight but less resistance most of the time, anyways I could definitely see the importance of monitoring belt temp on it.

/ UTV Tires #17  
I changed to the Tusk Terrabites on my Yamaha Rhino from the factory tires after 12 years of use. I did go up in size a little. I got the Terrbites due to tight tread pattern for hard pack and paved roads... they drift in sand real bad which is a lot of what I have on our 5400 acre hunt lease... there will always be a trade off some where