Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #1  

pka45

Tractor
2008 PT425
Hi all - My Robin is seized up on me and I’m weighing my options now. I don’t think I have the capacity to swap out to Kohler myself and might not have the time to haul it to Terry (they only charge $250 in labor for the job, if he was closer would be an easy choice!). Everything (else) works great, it’s a 2008 with 580 hours.

How much, if anything, do you think the machine is worth in its current condition?

Thanks for your time,

Pete

Last edited:
   / Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor
(I’m interested in the value without attachments, I might add.)

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #3  
Very little as the buyer can't check to see if anything else is wrong with it. You are better off getting it fixed.

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #4  
My Robin died w 325h on it and my Kubota repower has given great service.... But was a lot of work. I understand the hesitation.

Have you looked into shipping it to Tazewell? If you can load it on your end, they can lift it off on their end. Confirm, but they got my 1850 off when I broke it in half.

$250 labor at the factory is unbeatable.

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #5  
X2 on shipping it, if you can't drive it there. $250 is a great deal. A really great deal. I realize Tazewell is one of those "you can't git thar from here" places, but still.

All the best,

Peter

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #6  
That price is right. Any way they could pick up your machine on the way back from someone else's delivery?
They prolly have people that deliver tractors for them and might be able to help with pickup/dropoff?
Good luck.

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #7  
Unless you are just unhappy with the machine
I would try to find time to make the trip back to the factory for that price on the labor.

/ Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #8  
Sam E… lives near Tazewell. He does contract trailering and has trailered a PT for me before. I recommend him and can PM his contact info if you like.

Last edited:
   / Value of 2008 PT-425 With Seized Motor #9  
Even if you want to sell it, I would replace the engine.

All the best,

Peter