Viet Nam Memorial

/ Viet Nam Memorial #21  
The traveling Vietnam Wall memorial was near our town last weekend. Not having any close relatives that died in Vietnam (that I know of) I can't believe what an effect it had on me. Seeing all the names from all the years is very moving.
It should be required that politicians visit the wall before voting to send our troops into war.

Jeff

/ Viet Nam Memorial #22  
The traveling Vietnam Wall memorial was near our town last weekend. Not having any close relatives that died in Vietnam (that I know of) I can't believe what an effect it had on me. Seeing all the names from all the years is very moving.
It should be required that politicians visit the wall before voting to send our troops into war.

Jeff
Unfortunately, most politicians don’t care. We send 100’s of billions to countries while they almost drag us into war. They do it to line their own pockets with money and get re-elected.
Selling the bodies of American youth like pawns to keep the war machine profitable.

/ Viet Nam Memorial #23  
Having someone in our family on the wall, the last time it was near me I stood and read every name on every panel. I stumbled upon one that sounded familiar and i happened to see a hand written letter taped to the back of that panel. My childhood neighbor wrote a letter to his brother and taped it to the wall. I never knew he had a brother let alone lost him on the war until then. My brother and I played with his kids and nobody ever told us about him.