Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes #1  

Elm1and2

Tractor
troybilt
Hello All,

Just looking for some guidance. I have a Agway 5hp hand-me-down rototiller where the motor runs great, but the belts are busted, can only find one. Looks to be about 70s vintage. Anyone know the belt size for these? Pictures attached.

IMG_20190803_184948.jpgIMG_20190803_184955.jpgIMG_20190803_185004.jpg

Thank you!

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes #2  
There might be some faint lettering on the belt telling the manufacturer and a part number. Failing that you should be able to take it to any parts house and they can cross it on their belt gauge. The tiller model number don't give any hits; they were apparently absorbed by MTD somewhere along the line.

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes #3  
take the old belt in and match, if you no longer have the belt,
second take a tape measure and get a close idea, get belt that is what you think it correct and possibly one longer and one shorter,
It should not be that hard,
if all else fails, take the tiller down to the parts store and have them help you get the belt you need, our NAPA carries a good line of belts, for most all machinery,

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes
Thank you for the reply. I'll continue to do some digging online to see if i can find a manual or something regarding this tiller. Maybe I'll get lucky, if all fails i'll just get a measurement, i have one of the belts.

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes #5  
Hello All,

Just looking for some guidance. I have a Agway 5hp hand-me-down rototiller where the motor runs great, but the belts are busted, can only find one. Looks to be about 70s vintage. Anyone know the belt size for these? Pictures attached.

View attachment 615726

Thank you!

Did you have to remove the exhaust manifold in order to access the belt?

:D

/ Vintage Agway 5hp Rototiller Belt Sizes
Did you have to remove the exhaust manifold in order to access the belt?

:D

Haha, yes, getting the 5 hp motor ready for the turbo mod. Maybe I'll get 6 hp!