Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #11  
1955 Fords were 6 volt. 1956 Fords were 12 volt. ".

I'm sorry but that is incorrect. ( remember.. we are talking tractors here... re: my replt to post # 7 )

Ford first went to 12v units with the diesel engine.. the diesels were not introduced till the 01 series. 01 series started for model year 58.. Even then. only the diesel's were 12v.. the
gassers were still 6v. .. check in a manual... look in a parts book.. see the listings for the 6v generators.. then start searching for the 12v generators... you will find them on 3 cyl thousand series, and the diesel hundred series ( early industrials as well )

soundguy

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #13  
I was replying to post 7 that said his mom's 56 Ford car was 6 volt. 1956 Ford cars were 12 volt.

I'm sure her car was 6 volt... but I'm not sure she got the year right...

In high school I worked weekends behind the parts counter for a Model A and Early V8 Ford store. We sold as many 8 volt batteries as 6 volt batteries.

A couple of times I had people come in and ask for 8 volt batteries for old farm equipment.

A model A short Block was $150 exchange with rebuildable core!

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #14  
I was replying to post 7 that said his mom's 56 Ford car was 6 volt. 1956 Ford cars were 12 volt.

That's why the owners of this board included a "quote" option.. so that people will know what other people are refering to. Notice that I specifically quotesd the message #7 section where it refered to tractors....
Your post did not include a quote, and did not mention that you were refering to 'cars'.. etc. Without any of those cues'? it leaves alot to the imagination as to what you may or may not have been refering to.

soundguy

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #15  
I know a guy in Mineral Bluff, Ga who has a service station type charger, the big rollaround type, who would probably give it to you. His name is Danny .
Let me know if you're interested. I have breakfast with him most every day.
Doug

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #16  
Hiya,

Check your local vocational high schools. Many times the auto shop has one from the 50's through the 70's in pristine condition in the "tech" classroom to teach charging and starting tech. Also, most also have 2 or 3 out in the shop if you want a "used" looking one.

I'm sure the teachers would be willing to let you use it for maybe a career day talk or simply a lecture on your field.

Tom

/ Vintage Battery Charger Needed for Movie Prop #17  
We used to have an old one.. had selenium rectifiers.. big suckers with huge heat sinks..

soundguy