Vintage MF

/ Vintage MF
Interesting about the Detroit Diesel you have posted..what about the Cumming Diesel,for are they as good in colder weather as I heard truck drivers say?

/ Vintage MF #12  
I have absolutely no idea since I'm a California native. What IS cold weather? Heh heh heh.... A buddy almost froze going across Nevada hauling cows when the fuel filters on the truck froze. They had taken on some watery diesel fuel at their last stop. They had to pop flares to thaw the filters so they could dump them out. ..... Dave

/ Vintage MF #13  
Need some help. Over the weekend, my neighbor bought a M or MF 35, gas powered Massey. We need some parts. First, can you buy weights for the front axles. We are going to fill the front tires, but the front ends lifts off the ground pretty easily, so we want to put more weight on it. We're pulling a 7 foot woods finish deck.

Where's the best site for parts. We need some front tie rod ends.

Expect to be talking to you experts quite a bit over the next year. Thanks for your help!!

nhman

/ Vintage MF #14  
Front weights are very reasonable picked up at a local auction..., but ~~ $1. /lb. factory...

Other ideas would be mounted barbell weights or make a front box and fill with concrete...

Who's 7' finish mower are you using?

In the meantime, I'd stay away from hills/slopes until you get the front end under control...

/ Vintage MF
John Miller give a good idea for you needs.

You should beable to purchase weights from your MF dealer,and if he can't get you the weight frame your local welding shop should beable to make one.

Far as parts go..you shouldn't have a problem locating a website,or skip over to Yesterday Tractor website and poke around little.

Good luck and keep the front end down.

/ Vintage MF #16  
NH Man.....those MF 35's were common in the fruit and nut orchards in CA when I was a young man. They almost always had wheel weights IN FRONT. Those four holes in the front wheels are for bolting the weights in. Interestingly.....the MF 35 was EXTREMELY thrifty on fuel. That Perkins Diesel was hard to beat. A VERY popular tractor on the west coast.