Wadded up steel in crankcase? MF65 Diesel Mystery Hour

/ Wadded up steel in crankcase? MF65 Diesel Mystery Hour #1  

seanable

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF65
Greetings! I am new here. I am looking for anyone who can tell me where three relatively large wadded up chunks of steel came from.
I bought the old MF65 diesel tractor out of a fellow's yard who had purchased the home with the tractor. I put a battery in it and it turned over nicely with good compression. I got it home, cleaned the fuel system, new filters, and she lit. Ran pretty decent. Has 40+ lbs. of oil pressure, no wavering of the gauge, a solid 40 lbs. One of the chamber blocks has a blown gasket, and the collector gasket is gone creating an exhaust leak. OK well I fire it up...enough to warm up the oil a bit and proceed to do an oil/filter change. Nothing out of the ordinary. A couple of tablespoons of water in the oil from me pressure washing the heck out of it on the journey home. Otherwise typical oil change stuff. Then I proceed to drop the sump screen...much to my surprise, out comes a piece of steel resembling a crushed up pack of cigarettes. Then I find two more about the same size, maybe a bit smaller. The sump screen is undamaged, as is the oil pump and pick up tube. I looked into the hole where the sump screen goes...and no visible damage to any of the rod ends. I cannot come up with a viable answer as to what these were and why they are in my sump. Any suggestions?? Help?
Message_1617319700961[2].jpg
Message_1617327944374[1].jpg