WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK

/ WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK #1  

c3mercury

Tractor
Jiangxi 184 1994
looking for a J285T block or any form of engine apart or running to rebuild my FS184 engine have posted this before seems noone is on this site for parts or info scince 2015 or so save for me CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS???? I NEED SERVICE BOOK OR COPY OF IT TOO!!!

/ WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK #2  
Some quick poking around the internet shows that this is a fairly old and obsolete tractor. Connected to Mahindra somehow in the past but others report they can not get parts or service from anyone. Used is probably your only option in the US but there are over seas sites that sell parts for Chinese tractors. That may be your only hope

You didn't say why you want a block but one would have to guess yours is un-repairable for some reason. If you need a block, what other parts do you need? Gasket set? Pistons or crankshaft?

Have you looked for a different engine that might fit or be modified to fit? Anything can be fixed for a price, only you can decide if it is worth it or not. Having a new block cast by a foundry is certainly doable but probably exceeds the value of the tractor several times. As hard as it is, sometimes you have to "scrap it" and move on.

Good luck on your project.

/ WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK
Some quick poking around the internet shows that this is a fairly old and obsolete tractor. Connected to Mahindra somehow in the past but others report they can not get parts or service from anyone. Used is probably your only option in the US but there are over seas sites that sell parts for Chinese tractors. That may be your only hope

You didn't say why you want a block but one would have to guess yours is un-repairable for some reason. If you need a block, what other parts do you need? Gasket set? Pistons or crankshaft?

Have you looked for a different engine that might fit or be modified to fit? Anything can be fixed for a price, only you can decide if it is worth it or not. Having a new block cast by a foundry is certainly doable but probably exceeds the value of the tractor several times. As hard as it is, sometimes you have to "scrap it" and move on.

Good luck on your project.
it could be fixed but i don't like the idea of welding a block where a rod went thru it, i have all the internal parts to rebuild it or a replacement block as it were... However.. finding one seems to be the issue have walked Smilely's yard in upstate Ny called Masters in Fla (great help )by the way has parts i didnt get yet but cant find a service book tho i see a guy who has one on this site (get no responce) SO my search go's on... if you know of any yards with somthing that has this engine or one that would fit w/o never ending mods i would be happy to use it... thanks

/ WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK #4  
it could be fixed but i don't like the idea of welding a block where a rod went thru it, i have all the internal parts to rebuild it or a replacement block as it were... However.. finding one seems to be the issue have walked Smilely's yard in upstate Ny called Masters in Fla (great help )by the way has parts i didnt get yet but cant find a service book tho i see a guy who has one on this site (get no responce) SO my search go's on... if you know of any yards with somthing that has this engine or one that would fit w/o never ending mods i would be happy to use it... thanks
Welding up a block where a rod went through it is certainly doable, but it may require a line bore afterwards. I've seen it done where the piece was stitched back in, however that would be a job for a good machine shop. I'd be looking for used engines out of a Jinma, Foton, Mahindra, or the like. Maybe even a Mitsubishi. This will be a labor of love because you will never recoup any investment, and you will still have a XX year old tractor. However, if you're doing it for the challenge then go for it. Good luck.

/ WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK #5  
looking for a J285T block or any form of engine apart or running to rebuild my FS184 engine have posted this before seems noone is on this site for parts or info scince 2015 or so save for me CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS???? I NEED SERVICE BOOK OR COPY OF IT TOO!!!
mercury,
I have had luck with Aliexpress recently. Find a seller that has parts for that engine. Send them message via Aliexpress messaging requesting the part you need. They can probably locate the part.
The seller I bought from made a custom package of several parts to buy for a set price with shipping.
Of course, shipping a diesel block from China won't be cheap.
Aliexpress has a type of escrow built in. If you don't get the parts the seller doesn't get paid and you get your money back (in theory, I've never tried.)

I bought from: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
and
Both of these sellers have parts for the J285t

You will need to have some patience. It is almost Chinese new year, so everything in China shuts down for ~2-3 weeks and things there are hectic leading up to the holiday.

Good luck!
S

Attachments

• 1643050679739.png
    1643050679739.png
    359.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
   / WANTED J285T BLOCK/ENGINE AND SERVICE BOOK
yeah i got all the internal parts from them but cant find a block so been there done that but thanks anyway all i gotta find is a dam block to put it all in