welding mild steel to a replaceable cutting edge

/ welding mild steel to a replaceable cutting edge #21  
Not understanding why you'd put a mild seeel (hot rolled) edge on a tempered steel blade edge. I'd replace it and call it good because the hot rolled low carbon won't last at all.

Put them on all the time, they bolt on with dome head plow bolts. If you lived close I'd give you some edge steel, have a lot laying around.

/ welding mild steel to a replaceable cutting edge #22  
From this, post#7 - "weld held fine on the mild steel angle" - sounds to me like he has a REAL bolt-on edge, but thought he could get away with welding. Post# 13 tells me he no longer thinks so... Steve

/ welding mild steel to a replaceable cutting edge #23  
All of which is a moot point if people would actually READ the OP's last post #13, and quit trying to drive traffic to their U-tube channels and/or brag about high dollar equipment they KNOW the OP does NOT have... Steve

Steve, if the OP doesn't have access to a stick welder then this is a great opportunity for the OP to consider running down to Harbor freight or online to Amazon, and picking up a nice, inexpensive stick welder. The money saved learning how to do this one job will pay for welder and it'll be the start of a new lifelong skill!

Also, if you consider talking about my welder, a welder that has been out for years, bragging, I don't know what to tell you... and yes, my youTube channel is fantastic! While I'm grateful for every viewer, the five or ten views garnered from my post are not really contributing to the 2000 or so daily views. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, our talking about stick welding adds to the community.

3885681331_31f554f7c4_w.jpg

Last edited: