What does this lever do?

/ What does this lever do? #1  

al20hp

Tractor
Jd 4700
Hello,

I have a JD 4700 and I am trying to figure out what this lever does. The manual is calling it a “selective control lock lever”. However, after reading the manual, I still don’t understand what it does. The only implements on my tractor are a front end loader and a backhoe

Thanks
Al

Attachments

• B092D389-DD11-4D0A-B4C9-EC940C0EB66D.jpeg
    B092D389-DD11-4D0A-B4C9-EC940C0EB66D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 169
   / What does this lever do? #2  
It locks the loader joy stick....

/ What does this lever do? #3  
It is as simple as that. Most all tractors have them in one form or another. If it is working properly, and you lock it, the joystick will be inoperative. But I never fully trust them. In other words don't raise the loader and have small children playing under the bucket while others are playing with levers near the seat.

/ What does this lever do? #4  

Check the link above
hope it helps

/ What does this lever do?
That makes sense.
Thank you

What is the difference if it is in the middle or in the unlock position?

Thanks again
AL

/ What does this lever do? #6  
Likely no difference... unlocked, joy stick moves.

/ What does this lever do? #7  
According to the JD manual linked in a post above, the middle position will lock out the loader regen:
  • To allow movement of dual SCV lever in all directions, move lock lever to the top position (C). Operation of the dual SCV is totally unlocked.
  • To prohibit engagement of the regen (regeneration) function of the dual SCV, move lock lever to the middle position (D). This position is recommended for all implements except for the front loader. Loader buckets will dump more rapidly when the regen function is engaged. The regen function is available only with the lock lever in top position C.
  • To prohibit movement of dual SCV lever in all directions, move lock lever to the bottom position (E). Operation of the dual SCV is totally locked.