What is you best food plot crop?

/ What is you best food plot crop?
Anyone tried growing chufa? How did the turkeys take to it?

/ What is you best food plot crop? #22  
I know this is an old post but I tried Chufa in MN. Didn't have any luck. Much Like Lab lab. Never seem to get it going. Turkeys scratch up the seeds and beans before they get a chance to sprout. Same with the clover and chickory I like. The birds eat most of the seeds. I have lately resorted to using Wildlife Institute products because of the coatings. Birds leave it alone and it produces very good. Just pricey.. Bow hunting plots I use are all Ladino clover with chickory and a little alfalfa. I watch the deer cross though my neighbors plots to get to mine. Mid summer I have an area I put in Sugar beets, Winter Rye and Rape. Same thing deer in mine and not the neighbors. A small water hole is key near any food plot. I live higher on the bluffs with streams down below. My 40 gln water holes hold the deer up top and they don't ever need to go down for water. I use an algaecide and a mosquito killer in the water as well as a stick that lets the mice get out if they fall in. During the Rut, Water is King in my woods.