Tractor Sizing What size Tractor?

/ What size Tractor? #1  

VTHartford

I am really interested in the Montana line, and here it what I have? 9 Acres of planted pines, mostly small. Some large stumps, sandy soil.

I need to clear it to make it into a horse farm. I plan on renting a larger whell loader with rake to handle the larger stumps and the like, but the rest (small trees, palmettos, under brush) will be handled with the tractor. I also will use the tractor later for the horse farm, prepping paddocks for grass, handling manure, installing fences, etc.

I am leaning towards the 3040 but do not know if it is the right size for me.

I am located in NW FL and have several dealers around me.

What do you think?

Bill

/ What size Tractor? #2  
I have a 3040 with an FEL and Landpride boxblade. I have 24 acres and have not found anything I cannot do yet. Good luck.

/ What size Tractor? #3  
Hello and welcome. I believe the 3040 would be a great tractor for your needs. If you get one please post pictures. Hey woodsman, you need to post some as well. Don't follow unclebucks example and wait a year /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maka

/ What size Tractor? #4  
Sugest you look around at other makes that are available in your area. Compare, test, and see what fits your needs within your budget.

I'd like to make a comment on the Montana but there are no dealers near me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What size Tractor? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hello and welcome. I believe the 3040 would be a great tractor for your needs. If you get one please post pictures. Hey woodsman, you need to post some as well. Don't follow unclebucks example and wait a year /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maka )</font>

That may be true Maka, but you've got to admit that when I finally did post a pic, it was a beaut!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif