What's That Smell??

/ What's That Smell?? #11  
Re: What\'s That Smell??

Gary, too bad you don't live in an agricultural district in New York State!! Then your wife couldn't bother you about it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And just for the record (no pun intended), I support bluegrass music!! Have you ever heard of "Old and in the Way"? They were my favorite bluegrass group, but I love any bluegrass!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What's That Smell?? #12  

Soundl like the morons who moved near me, they complained that the cows were messing the road when the farmer had to cross them over to the other pasture. They thought he should carry a pooper-scooper like they do on Park Avenue in NYC with "Fifi" their toy poodle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They guy never left a mess but anything was too much for these folks. Yes, they also thought that cow manure was smelly...DUH?

/ What's That Smell?? #13  

"Have you ever heard of "Old and in the Way"?"

Oh yeah. Folks would be surprised to learn that JERRY GARCIA was the banjo picker. That's right, JERRY GARCIA of the Grateful Dead. I don't see how he did it, missing a finger on one hand. He was interviewed one time and said that old time music was his favorite... it had a lot of soul.

/ What's That Smell?? #14  

Well, I'm both a bluegrass fan and a Deadhead, so naturally, when Garcia started up Old and in the Way, I loved it!! And what a lineup:
Jerry Garcia - banjo, vocals
David Grissman - madolin, vocals
Peter Rowan - guitar, vocals
Vassar Clements - violin
John Kahn - bass

Few people know that Jerry Garcia started out as a bluegrass and folk musician, and one of his earliest collaborators was mandolin great, David Grissman. Garcia was also an outstanding pedal steel guitar player, and formed the band The New Riders of the Purple Sage as an outlet for his pedal steel playing. Greatful Dead albums such as "Workingman's Dead" and "American Beauty" showcase Garcia on the banjo and pedal steel guitar.

/ What's That Smell?? #15  

Several years ago on the West Side of Fort Wayne, IN there was a bunch of land that started getting delveloped with high dollar homes. There were some folks who raised hogs across the County Line Road. The prevailing wind is from the West so these nice homes were blessed with little piggy by product.

The farm folks finally won and although I don't think they raise hogs anymore there is still a sign on their property pointing towards the road and the homes that says "LAUX Farms - Still makin Bacon"

I chuckle everytime I drive by.

Tom

/ What's That Smell?? #16  

Yes indeed. Jerry Garcia was quite the steel guitar player--

That's him you hear in the Crosby, Stills, and Nash song, "Teach Your Children"

/ What's That Smell?? #17  

Having the same problem in ohio. City people need to know that fresh country air often smells like manure.

/ What's That Smell?? #18  

CS&N.... one of my all-time favorite bands!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif