Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades
So there was a reason my dad always told me to use the right tool -- I got off my ass and got out the calipers, turns out it is 3/8" -- eye balling it was not appropriate, my apologies.

That being said I still can't find the 'exact' combination -- I've seen other posts using a 'washer' to convert from a 5/8's hole to a 3/8's -- though that seems suspect -- there are plenty of 5/8's out there that match the specs.

@TwinOaks9 I've e-mailed Terry -- not sure why, he's not good with e-mail IMHO. I can give him a call - though I don't necessarily want to be dependent upon the manufacturer -- maybe that's the wrong way to look at it. There's marking on the blade that don't seem to mean anything -- KTN9551 915.

@3rd Coast You were right - 7/16 was a odd size and wrong :)... thanks for helping me get off my butt and measure it the right way. The mower dealer I took it to blew me off -- told me to google it -- I told him that I did and he basically rolled his eyes and told me if it wasn't off a major brand, he couldn't do anything for me -- not sure why I then had him sharpen my chainsaw chains -- I should have just walked away and found someone else. There's a dozen dealers in the area, I can revisit.

@Xfaxman I looked at Oregon -- I found 5/8's center holes but no 3/8's that matched the specs.

@MossRoad As always, your posts are very thoughtful -- though I wasn't able to find the exact specs for the smaller deck.

This can't be this difficult right -- I'm just overthinking. I'm tempted to just take a BFH to them and sharpen them. I live in the middle of a woods, I don't necessarily need any fancy mowing.

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #13  
Are they just dull, or are they chewed to heck?
I had the original blades and the spares I bought from PT until 2014, so 13 years before I bought new ones that I listed above. I still have those today, but they are getting thin.
So three (maybe four, can't remember) sets of blades in 21 years. I'm happy.

When I notice the tips of the grass are getting shredded instead of cut cleanly, I remove the blades and sharpen them on a bench grinder.

One of the great things about the PT mower being on the FEL arms is you can just lift it up and angle it back for easy access. Of course, disconnect the hydraulic hoses, BLOCK THE MOWER DECK UP, and don't put your body under it. ;)

I can reach each mower blade bolt (and the grease zerks above them) very easily without having to put my body or head under that raised deck.

Are they just dull, or are they chewed to heck?
I had the original blades and the spares I bought from PT until 2014, so 13 years before I bought new ones that I listed above. I still have those today, but they are getting thin.
So three (maybe four, can't remember) sets of blades in 21 years. I'm happy.

When I notice the tips of the grass are getting shredded instead of cut cleanly, I remove the blades and sharpen them on a bench grinder.

One of the great things about the PT mower being on the FEL arms is you can just lift it up and angle it back for easy access. Of course, disconnect the hydraulic hoses, BLOCK THE MOWER DECK UP, and don't put your body under it. ;)

I can reach each mower blade bolt (and the grease zerks above them) very easily without having to put my body or head under that raised deck.
I used them to cut a path through the woods -- they have some pretty deep dings in them and one is bent.

It took a little effort, but I got them out okay -- and yes, they were easy to get to and then I discovered the zerks underneath! ;).

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #15  
Maybe these would work?

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #16  
Mine is a brush hog so not sure about your blades but I made my own. I had a machine shop make them out of hardened steel as the pt bent easily.

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #17  
What did you end up with, OP?

I ended up going with these -- Blade Husqvarna 16-1/2.

only difference is the added holes and 2" v 2.5".

Husqvarna 504188101 Blade. Mulching Blade 16-1/2 X 2" X .160" X 3/8 Ctr Hole. Fits 112 cm (44 inch) Combi deck.
Replaces:
  • HUSQVARNA 504188101
  • HUSQVARNA 544102801
  • HUSQVARNA 50-41881-10
  • HUSQVARNA 54-41028-01
  • JONSERED 501188101
  • JONSERED 544102801
Dimensions:
  • LENGTH: 16-1/2"
  • WIDTH: 2"
  • C. H. DIA: 3/8"
  • THICKNESS: 0.1600"
  • CASE QTY: 2030

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #19  
Nice. Please let us know how they work out.

/ Where to find PT425 48" Mower Deck Blades #20  
I ended up going with these -- Blade Husqvarna 16-1/2.

only difference is the added holes and 2" v 2.5".

Husqvarna 504188101 Blade. Mulching Blade 16-1/2 X 2" X .160" X 3/8 Ctr Hole. Fits 112 cm (44 inch) Combi deck.
Replaces:
  • HUSQVARNA 504188101
  • HUSQVARNA 544102801
  • HUSQVARNA 50-41881-10
  • HUSQVARNA 54-41028-01
  • JONSERED 501188101
  • JONSERED 544102801
Dimensions:
  • LENGTH: 16-1/2"
  • WIDTH: 2"
  • C. H. DIA: 3/8"
  • THICKNESS: 0.1600"
  • CASE QTY: 2030
Fine work, I was looking over my blades last night and should get some new ones as well. Very interested in your review.