Which Solar Panel Battery Maintainer for Dump Trailer?

/ Which Solar Panel Battery Maintainer for Dump Trailer? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
I’m looking for a good, small solar charger for my dump trailer. It has a single Group 24 battery. I suspect I only need a few watts, and would like overprotection from overcharging if possible. The trailer is stored away from an electrical outlet and is only used a very few times a year. Thanks....

/ Which Solar Panel Battery Maintainer for Dump Trailer? #2  
The PulseTech SolarPulse are among the best:

I have one similar to this:

Except, mine is a Sunapex and rated at 7.5 watts. I went with this charge controller:

I also bought these cables, to make the setup nicer:

My setup works fine, especially, for the budget. In hindsight, I should have got the SolarPulse, from the dealer, when I ordered my trailer. They offered it cheaper than I could buy it on my own.

/ Which Solar Panel Battery Maintainer for Dump Trailer? #3  
BatteryMinder makes some of the best battery maintainers out there. They have desulfation, temperature compensation, and can be safely left connected to batteries long term without damaging the batteries (unlike some "dumb" trickle chargers). Here's a link to the solar chargers on the BatteryMINDer website. Northern Tool also sells some the BatteryMINDer Solar Models

/ Which Solar Panel Battery Maintainer for Dump Trailer? #4  
I went with a 50 watt sunenergy make (spelling?) and now I'm looking to adding another 50 panel. Like battery life advertisements, "may last for thousands of hours!" we got less watts than we hoped for from our solar charger. :cry: