Which would you buy

/ Which would you buy
Why are you stuck on Kubota? No doubt, they are good tractors, but there are lots of other good tractors too.
Not really stuck on Kubota but if I where going to buy one that’s my first choice

/ Which would you buy
Why not just sit tight and keep using your Ford, until the right tractor deal comes along?
More than likely what I will do but 4wd would be nice and my hydraulics are a little slow

/ Which would you buy #13  
You say boh are shuttle shift. Then talk about hydro trans. You realize these are different right? I love my HST tractor. But do not plan to pull ground engaging implements all day either.

/ Which would you buy #14  
None of the Kubota dealers near me have a mx5400 for sale. I was looking at a hydrostatic transmission Mx tractor. Need to start dirt work on getting yard leveled. My two wheel drive 65 horse Ford has been good but no shuttle shift and no 4wd.

There are two in my area for sale. One is a 2018 mx5200 that has shuttle shift 135 hours with landpride (rcf’ (bush hog for 31,000

the other is 2020 Mx5400 with 75 hours 4 year warranty shuttle shift and 6’ bush hog (landpride rcr1872 and landpride disk. 36,000.00

Is the newer one worth the xtra 6,000. I’m thinking not but wanted to see what your opinions were. Also could look the other way on not getting hydrostatic trans or would you guys wait until all the craziness is over and get a hydrostatic

my mistake it’s a 6’ disk.
I mostly will use tractor for bush hogging and keeping my land clean. Right now I am converting 3 acres into a yard. Still have a lot of small sticks and uneven areas to deal with.
MX 5400 with the shuttle... I absolutely love mine...

/ Which would you buy #15  
Not really stuck on Kubota but if I where going to buy one that’s my first choice
I had a low hour 1970 Ford 3400 TLB that I bought used in 1986.
I kept it for 33 years, before selling it in 2019, to upgrade to an extremely low hour 2006 Kubota L48 TLB.
The Kubota is a fine machine, but I am not wildly excited about the HST, and in many ways I do miss my old Ford.
The JD 110 TLB was my original replacement choice, but the JD transmission case cracking history scared me off.

/ Which would you buy #16  
Personally I'd go with the higher priced machine just to get that warranty.

/ Which would you buy #17  
You need to look more carefully.
Unless I'm reading wrong you state
There are two in my area for sale. One is a 2018 mx5200 that has shuttle shift 135 hours with landpride (rcf’ (bush hog for 31,000

the other is 2020 Mx5400 with 75 hours 4 year warranty shuttle shift and 6’ bush hog (landpride rcr1872 and landpride disk. 36,000.00

Is the newer one worth the xtra 6,000.
That is:
2018 w/ bush hog for 31,000
2020 w/ bush hog AND DISK for 36,000
To start with that's a $5,000 diff. (36-31) NOT $6,000
Makes me wonder what else you may have missed.

So considering the disk to be worth at least $2K that get's it down to $3K difference.

/ Which would you buy #18  
You need to look more carefully.
Unless I'm reading wrong you state

That is:
2018 w/ bush hog for 31,000
2020 w/ bush hog AND DISK for 36,000
To start with that's a $5,000 diff. (36-31) NOT $6,000
Makes me wonder what else you may have missed.

So considering the disk to be worth at least $2K that get's it down to $3K difference.
I have a MX5200 with HST. It's been great. New Holland TN75D before it was shuttle. I'd be ok with a shuttle MX. I'd go with the new one, although I've had zero issues

Andy

/ Which would you buy #19  
It’s my understanding that the MX shuttle is not synchronized and you have to clutch to change directions. Not as nice as the hydraulic synchronized “PowerReversr” Deere uses of their comparable 4 series and up or Kubota on the M5660 and up.