White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue

/ White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue #1  

jokerfabworx

Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST / White-Iseki 2-45 Field Boss
Hey folks. I have a new to me White Iseki 2-45 here. Replaced the seat, added a 3PT snow blower, and really like the machine.

The main transmission has gears 1-5 plus reverse. It also has an Aux. (Hi/Lo) range, as well as a Creep (Hi/Lo) range.

Both the Aux. and Creep shifters need to be in Neutral to start the tractor. If I move the Aux. shifter from Neutral to Hi, the Creep shifter automatically moves to the Hi position. Conversely, if I move the Aux. shifter to Lo, the Creep shifter automatically moves to the Lo position.

The only ranges I currently have are Hi/Hi and Lo/Lo. Does anyone have experience with this machine, and if so, shouldn't I be able to get Hi/Lo and Lo/Hi as well? Does anyone know whether this is an easy fix? I haven't had time to dive into the machine yet.

I've inserted pictures of the Aux. and Creep shifters, as well as what the owner's manual spells out.
p5pb23647564.jpg
p5pb23647562.jpg

/ White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue
It turns out that brute force was the answer. Those range combinations just weren't used very often, if at all, in the machine's past life. I don't know what the shift mechanisms for the two ranges look like, but if they sit for a long time, the shifters will behave like I described above.

/ White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue #3  
I remember seeing the inside of one of those transmissions. The gears are very thin so be careful forcing the shifters.

/ White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue
I remember seeing the inside of one of those transmissions. The gears are very thin so be careful forcing the shifters.
Good to know.

Any recollection of why the shifters might behave like that ^^^^? Do the different ranges share a common shift rod/fork, or is there a concentric shaft being used somewhere?

Now that I'm using it to clear snow and exercising the shifters regularly, they are working as if new. :)

/ White Iseki 2-45 Field Boss auxiliary and creep transmission shift issue #5  
I don’t recall, but I would say it is probably the linkage causing the problem