Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters

/ Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters #21  
There is a 1981 4610 in the shop right now with an engine driven piston pump and no filter. Parts catalog shows that pump listed for that tractor. Was quite an eye-opener for a few of us, as we all thought it 'should' have a gear pump for certain.

so it does have the pump in the rear end. Is the tractor a hyd. shuttle with no pto

/ Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters #22  
so it does have the pump in the rear end. Is the tractor a hyd. shuttle with no pto

8 speed synchro with independent PTO, two hydraulic pumps, priority pack and deluxe remotes. If you had posted about it and I had not seen it, I would have argued like heck with you that it was not original.

/ Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters #23  
8 speed synchro with independent PTO, two hydraulic pumps, priority pack and deluxe remotes. If you had posted about it and I had not seen it, I would have argued like heck with you that it was not original.

i see but it dont have a filter on the pump that is strange i have seen some 4610's with the extra pump when they had deluxe remotes

/ Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters #24  
i see but it dont have a filter on the pump that is strange i have seen some 4610's with the extra pump when they had deluxe remotes

Nope, no 2nd filter. And definitely a piston pump. I pulled the rebuild kit off the shelf & handed it to the mechanic. Really surprised me.

/ Why does my Ford 3000 tractor have two oil filters #25  
Nope, no 2nd filter. And definitely a piston pump. I pulled the rebuild kit off the shelf & handed it to the mechanic. Really surprised me.

that makes the first one i have heard abou be setup like that