Will a 3pt hitch float?

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #1  

jel1988

Gold Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 22, John Deere D120
I have a 3pt. hitch but have never used it. I know a 3pt has no down pressure, but will it float if I set it all the way down?

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #2  
It will float until it reaches the lowest mechanical position.

When you push your lever to the down position, the cyl fluid bleeds off and the 3pt will now float.

If you screw the descent knob IN, the 3pt arms will lock/hold.

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #4  
I'm going with "No".

2130-stuck.jpg

;)

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #6  
I have a 3pt. hitch but have never used it. I know a 3pt has no down pressure, but will it float if I set it all the way down?

Very few tractor models have a non floating 3 pt with Belarus being one model with down pressure on the 3 pt. Easy way to check is lower 3 pt with no implement attached then reach down and manually pick up on the draft arms.

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #7  
Agree with Tx Jim (as usual). If the 3 PH arms didn't float when fully down then hooking up an implement would be a nightmare if the arms had balls.

A Pat's quick hitch solves that issue, however.

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #8  
Agree with Tx Jim (as usual). If the 3 PH arms didn't float when fully down then hooking up an implement would be a nightmare if the arms had balls.

Wow, I had to read that twice to make sure it said what I thought it did! :shocked:

/ Will a 3pt hitch float? #9  
Wow, I had to read that twice to make sure it said what I thought it did! :shocked:

Yep, all sorts of images come to mind when reading that one. It would make finding a shirt that fits correctly a bit harder I would think.:laughing: