Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck?

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #1  

90cummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1720 SSS 4x4 Turbo Charged
Just wondering if they are interchangeable.

90cummins

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #3  
Doesn’t the 72 have the wider front axle as well?

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #4  
The 72” frt axle is Wider.

Has anybody priced a complete 72” SD deck assy ?

I’m wondering how bad expensive they are .....

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #5  
I kinda doubt it’ll work. Just because both options were offered doesn’t mean everything else is interchangeable. Is there room to put the deck in for starters. A 72” has 5” longer blades so the deck is going to be deeper to clear them. My 72” ZT has a 59” wide wheelbase. I kinda doubt they’d stick a 60” deck in the same frame and only let it stick out 1/2” per side.

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #6  
I believe it will. I have a 72 RD on my ZD1211. I don't think Kubota would make different machine and ship to dealer that will accept only one size deck. I bought a new F2690 and it has a 60" SD with mulching kit which the dealer had on hand and had to wait over a month till the machine arrived to then install deck. I believe dealer gets the machine and installs the deck. Just not seeing making different power bodies for specific deck. :2cents: when different sized decks are offered.

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #7  
My father in-laws ZD1211 60 SD “looks” the same wheelbase as both my 72 machines.

I hadn’t physically measured them tho.

I know my front axle is 7 Wider than a 60 cut.

The rears are the same width / same transmission.

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #8  
The ZD1211-60 and ZD1211-72 have different and unique part numbers for the main frames. That leads me to believe that 4570Man is correct, the 72” deck will not fit a ZD1211-60 chassis.

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #9  
I believe it will. I have a 72 RD on my ZD1211. I don't think Kubota would make different machine and ship to dealer that will accept only one size deck. I bought a new F2690 and it has a 60" SD with mulching kit which the dealer had on hand and had to wait over a month till the machine arrived to then install deck. I believe dealer gets the machine and installs the deck. Just not seeing making different power bodies for specific deck. :2cents: when different sized decks are offered.

Dealers do not install decks on zeroturn mowers, they arrive crated with decks installed. Front deck machines are a completely different animal, there are uses for them that do not include mower decks. Additionally F-series attachments are by definition in front of both axles, not between them.

/ Will a 72" deck fit a ZD1211 that originally came with a 60" deck? #10  
Wheelbase length must be a little different ?