Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Woods SB64S opinions

/ Woods SB64S opinions #1  

alexinPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Anyone got experience with Woods rear snowblower? SB64S good/bad points?
Need only info on this snowblower, everything else i know)))

/ Woods SB64S opinions #2  
I have an old SB52 that has seen some use and abuse and it has served me well. My one desire would be for a larger diameter fan to help throw the snow further. I believe mine is considered 20 inch diameter measures 19.5 inches. I think newer models are now 21 inch. I use this on my Branson 2400H with approx 20 PTO HP.

/ Woods SB64S opinions #4  
I have an SB54S new for this winter. Other than width, form what I understand it is the same. I am happy with it so far, it will chew through just about anything I've put it to so far and I have not broken any shear pins yet. The only thing is that the shoes could be wider and a bit longer. If you're dealing with a stone driveway or blowing off of grass the blower will dig in a bit if your not careful. I had a set of shoes made for me that I use when the ground is soft and then switch back to the OEM shoes when it frozen and have a good base for the blower to ride on.

/ Woods SB64S opinions
I have an SB54S new for this winter. Other than width, form what I understand it is the same. I am happy with it so far, it will chew through just about anything I've put it to so far and I have not broken any shear pins yet. The only thing is that the shoes could be wider and a bit longer. If you're dealing with a stone driveway or blowing off of grass the blower will dig in a bit if your not careful. I had a set of shoes made for me that I use when the ground is soft and then switch back to the OEM shoes when it frozen and have a good base for the blower to ride on.
Thanks, that’s what I expected to hear. I think sb64 got bigger fan diameter. Planning to use wheels rather than shoes