working your ATV

/ working your ATV #11  
An ATV will pull a tremendous amount of weight.

The locaL atv club has two tandem axel trailers with easy unloaders on them . They work great.
We also have a six wheeler that we pull with and have loaded and moved as much material as we have with pickups.

You have to be VERY CAREFUL going down any hills!!!

A trailer with a heavy load will pick the back wheels of an ATV off the ground. Before you know it the ATV and trailer will jackknife and you will find yourself heading down the hill out of control !!

/ working your ATV #12  
I have an old RV fresh water pump, mounted on a removable board that clips to the rack, runs off the 12v outlet. I carry a 55 gal barrel of water in my trailer cart, with a hose to the pump, connect a garden hose and spray nozzle to the business end of the pump, and viola, I have portable water for free.
Even had a guy stop on my street and tell me that it was the laziest thing he had ever seen.
Shoots water about 20-25 feet, and is much more gratifying than carring buckets of water to feed my plants and garden.
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ working your ATV #13  
HEY....I don't call that lazy, I call it smart !!!! I've got the old pump out of my travel trailer that I replaced with a quieter model....what a great idea you gave me. I have some trees to irrigate myself. THANKS !!!!

/ working your ATV #14  
dannydan you mean a guy had the nerve to say that to you?
I am always amazed at how many IDIOTS there are breathing our air! i couldnt write the response i would have had for him!
The truth probably is that he lives in a apartment cause he wouldnt have the brains to live on a real place!

/ working your ATV #15  
Nah, he had "wish I would have thought of that" written all over his face, and was smiling big time. I imagine he ran right home and started to build one himself. Guess I should have mentioned that!
I think everyone with an ATV needs one of them there rigs, if for nothing else than to spray the wife!
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ working your ATV #16  
I use my atv for work quite a bit. I've used it to pull trailers, for disking, for spraying, for seeding/fertilizing, and for pulling a lawn roller. Here's a few pics of it at work. Link

As far as spraying with the atv, I use it to spray my yard for weeds a couple of times each year. I also use it to spray my food plots occasionally. I have a Honda Rubicon with a digital dash/speedometer and this helps me to hold a more constant speed. I agree the constant speed is important for not only spraying but when using a seeder/broadcaster as well.

/ working your ATV #17  
Mathteacher, I have also pulled a 16' full diamond plate bed heavy duty trailer up a pretty steep grade with my polaris 500 HO ...At first I thought this might be a little hard on it but in low range it walked right up that hill /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifAwsome impressive,Also pushed snow with it, pull a 4x8 yard cart loaded down with wood ,Oh and don't forget hay rides in the fall /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That's about all so-far...It has a winch and a strap so I'm sure that we see some duty one day for something other than pulling my stepsons 4wd s-10 blazer out of some snow,That was funny the little 4wheeler pulling the blazer out of a sticky situation /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif