X 300 transmission oil change

/ X 300 transmission oil change #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
I just changed the oil on my X 300 K46 transmission. My last oil change was 75 hours ago and decided to do it again, that is the average for the year is about 75-80 hours per season. The oil looked very clean and the magnet was also clean. The transmission works just fine. I think maybe changing the oil every other year might be sufficient which would be about 150-160 hours. I also keep the transmission free of debris to help keep it cool. I wonder what the recommended interval is to change to oil on the K46. Oh, I used 5-50 full synthetic oil. Any thoughts or opinions ?

/ X 300 transmission oil change #2  
I found this 200 hours
In heavy usage applications, oil changing is recommended after the 1st 50 hours of operation and every 200 hours, thereafter. The filter should never require changing unless the transaxle is removed from the tractor or rider and opened for repairs......

/ X 300 transmission oil change
Thanks for the reply, I have no need to open up the casing for repairs so I won't worry about the filter. So, I'll go with changing the oil every other year even though it will be a little short of 200 hours. It's a 2010 model and has served me well thus far. Just the usual, sheaves, belts, batteries, blades etc.