X for experimental?

/ X for experimental?
It's not a big deal. I was just wondering what the difference might be. What's really curious, is that the factory rep didn't know, either.

/ X for experimental? #12  
In some disciplines X is for an unknown quality or quantity.

Perhaps they did not know how good or bad that product would be.

/ X for experimental? #13  
WHen I was in the market for a mini.....narrowed in on the 331 sized machine.

Saw a few x331's and they all seemed to be older machines. Like they were just a previous version of the 331.

In the vintage I settled on (15 year old machine).....there were 3. There was the standard short arm 331, the long arm 334 (which I have) and the 331E which had the extendable boom. I also have one track motor that slightly out paces the other. Say if I started at the the corner of an endzone on a football field and tried to drive straight down the sideline.....I'd end up about at the fieldgoal post without making corrections along the way. For a 15 year old 3000hr machine it isnt worth the time/money to correct the very minor annoyance

/ X for experimental?
I think if I started in the end zone, and went along the goal line, I'd hit the goal post. If I didn't go behind it! Maybe we should swap motors.

/ X for experimental? #15  
I talked to the owner of Bobcat of Boston and asked him . He chuckled a bit and said excavator.......