Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #1  

RedHawk357Mag

Tractor
Yanmar 1500 Red
Good morning. I need to check out my clutch and probably need to replace it. Hoye has a video about splitting the tractor and replacing the clutch. I kinda wanted to see if maybe something else was out there about splitting the 1500 and or clutch replacement. Also would really love to make one order of parts instead of two or three shipment fees and wait times. Seems like I suffer the lack of foresight on "your gonna need these parts and seals in addition to..." Thanks to all. And hope it's a great weekend for all.

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #2  
Good morning. I need to check out my clutch and probably need to replace it. Hoye has a video about splitting the tractor and replacing the clutch. I kinda wanted to see if maybe something else was out there about splitting the 1500 and or clutch replacement. Also would really love to make one order of parts instead of two or three shipment fees and wait times. Seems like I suffer the lack of foresight on "your gonna need these parts and seals in addition to..." Thanks to all. And hope it's a great weekend for all.
Did you download the Parts Manual for FREE? It would tell you what parts are in the area and involved.

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #3  
I split my YM2000 a few years ago and replaced the clutch. It’s a straightforward job and pretty simple with basic mechanical skills. As far as getting all the parts to complete the job upfront all I can say is good luck. Out of 100’s of projects I’ve worked on over many years I think I’ve got lucky one or two times and had everything I needed before I started.

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement
Pretty much my experience as well. Figure I would split it prior to ordering. Good thing, the bakelite housing for headlight switch cracked while lifting the dash console over the steering wheel stem. That was a pretty good chance nobody would think that would be a gasket like expendable item. Kinda also looks like I will be replacing the radiator pretty soon as well. Got a moisture spot at bottom of radiator as well so there's that to look forward to this winter. So I am sure I will get several opportunities to incur some additional shipping fees. But she's a dandy when she is doing work and no interest fees, so I take comfort in that.

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #5  
Pretty much my experience as well. Figure I would split it prior to ordering. Good thing, the bakelite housing for headlight switch cracked while lifting the dash console over the steering wheel stem. That was a pretty good chance nobody would think that would be a gasket like expendable item. Kinda also looks like I will be replacing the radiator pretty soon as well. Got a moisture spot at bottom of radiator as well so there's that to look forward to this winter. So I am sure I will get several opportunities to incur some additional shipping fees. But she's a dandy when she is doing work and no interest fees, so I take comfort in that.
The manuals are located in the link below in my signature. These are at the Yanmar Tractors Owner Group.

As you mentioned winter, be sure to download the Engine Block Heater do too.

How is the Thermostart on the machine?

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #6  
Is this a free parts manual only or does it give specs aswell..???

/ Yanmar 1500 Red Clutch Replacement #7  
Is this a free parts manual only or does it give specs as well..???
It's an OE parts manual made by Yanmar back in the day. Some of these Parts Manuals did come with one or two specification pages. Many come with the wire schematics.

Note, the specifications are to JIS and not SAE. So, what is rated for JIS Hp of the machine would be higher in SAE Hp. Example, my YM2610 has 26Hp JIS. SAE places the curves about 31Hp. As for the SAE Hp changes in the mid-2000s, I'm not sure how it rests on those curves today.