3-Point Hitch Yanmar sa424

/ Yanmar sa424 #1  

Rutman

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar sa424
I own a 2017 sa424.
I was looking tonight at the specs in the owners manual.

It says the 3 pt. hitch is a limited cat 1.
What exactly does limited cat 1 mean?

I’m looking at a 5 ft scrape blade from southern farm supply that tilts,angles, offsets.
But it’s listed as cat 1.

Confused if it will work or not.

/ Yanmar sa424 #2  
I own a 2017 sa424.
I was looking tonight at the specs in the owners manual.

It says the 3 pt. hitch is a limited cat 1.
What exactly does limited cat 1 mean?

I’m looking at a 5 ft scrape blade from southern farm supply that tilts,angles, offsets.
But it’s listed as cat 1.

Confused if it will work or not.

Usually, the lift arms wont spread quite as wide and distance from arms to toplink bracket is closer together. Sometimes a lift arm pin can be turned around on the implement if needed? Ken Sweet

/ Yanmar sa424 #3  
I have just about every 3pt implement for my 424. I've never experienced any implement that wouldn't fit.

/ Yanmar sa424 #4  
Cat 1 or category 1 is a size designation. If you do an internet search you will find there are five categories. The actual dimensions vary somewhat by country but most compact tractors for the US market are category 1. Larger tractors use heavier hitches. The specifications: TractorData.com - Three-Point Hitch

/ Yanmar sa424 #5  
When I had my little MT125, it had a “ limited Cat 1 “. As sweettractors said, the arms may not open as wide, or, depending on the implements, it may not lift as high. The only implement where the limited cat 1 had an effect on was my full size PHD. The PHD tip only cleared the ground by about a 1/2 inch. When transporting it / driving across the property, I would have to tie it back to the arm so it would not drag.

Your 424 sits much higher, so you probably would not have that problem.

/ Yanmar sa424
I have just about every 3pt implement for my 424. I've never experienced any implement that wouldn't fit.

Thanks for all the replies.
I think that I’m good to go.