Yanmar YT3 series (YT347/YT359) IHMT/I-HMT Transmission workings

/ Yanmar YT3 series (YT347/YT359) IHMT/I-HMT Transmission workings #41  
Vario is not a CVT. Even Yanmar calls theirs Vario because it's just a scaled down version of the Fendt Vario one.

Fendt Vario:

HMT:

I concede that the Fendt is not a CVT in a traditional sense. After watching this, I understand more about it. That said, the I-HMT is not a scaled down version of this vario transmission. While it uses some of the same principles, there are major differences in the operation. The engine is directly connected to the I-HMT with an inner shaft. The outer shaft is connected to the motor and provides the output. The pump and motor are on the same shaft. The forward and reverse clutches are controlled by hydraulic solenoids that allow it to switch from forward to reverse while on the move. When in neutral, the pump still spins, and the motor spins in the opposite direction giving it neutral. This is different than the Fendt.

Attachments

• 1692737531910.png
    1692737531910.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 69
   / Yanmar YT3 series (YT347/YT359) IHMT/I-HMT Transmission workings #42  
Wow. Did you even bother to look to the video and link I shared? It's literally the same thing.

You seem to believe that Yanmar came up with this crazy innovative idea. Guess what? They didn't. Fendt did it and has been using these transmissions for years. Kanzaki then, managed to create a scaled down version of the Fendt Vario and called it HMT.

I really can't understand what other differences you see in both transmissions other than different naming, if you bothered to actually learn how the Vario works that is.
Didn't see the video at first. See above post. They are very different, but do share in a few areas. Just like the Continuously Variable Transmission, in the title is different, so is the Vario. I don't recall ever seeing the Vario in any literature before for the I-HMT.

/ Yanmar YT3 series (YT347/YT359) IHMT/I-HMT Transmission workings #43  
Didn't see the video at first. See above post. They are very different, but do share in a few areas. Just like the Continuously Variable Transmission, in the title is different, so is the Vario. I don't recall ever seeing the Vario in any literature before for the I-HMT.
It's literally the title in the European Yanmar page. Even includes "Highly efficient variable transmission i-HMT".

1692737980219.png

/ Yanmar YT3 series (YT347/YT359) IHMT/I-HMT Transmission workings #44  
Both transmissions, both variable, both make wheels turn, I can give you that. Now being a scaled down version, take a look, they are not the same. Mechanically they are very different. As pictured above, the shaft you see on the right of the I-HMT is the input shaft. Moving to the left is what actually turns the wheels, some would call it a motor, but the motor is on the right side of the next component, and the left side is the pump. In that pump/motor combination there are pistons that shuttle hydraulic oil from the pump side to the motor side. When in the working range, they are hydraulically locked, thus providing direct power to the ground.