3-Point Hitch YM1502D 3pt mount

/ YM1502D 3pt mount #1  

grahamj55

Tractor
Yanmar 1502D
Hello everybody, I recently bought this YM1502D tractor and whoever had it before me installed a cat 0 3pt hitch.. i am curious if this plate is connected properly. I has 2 bolts holding a sheet of like 3/8" steel and then from this plate a hole is near the top where the lower links of the 3pt hitch hook up. I will post a pic asap. just curious if someone who has a similar tractor could show me what it is supposed to look like.

i didnt notice it till it was too late and i already bought it. but where these 2 bolts are they must have worked themselves loose. one broke off in the housing, and the other broke off a chunk of the housing. I have since then removed the broken off bolt with an easy-out (actually worked like its supposed to!), and the piece of housing that is broken off im thinking about cleaning the break real good and jamming some JB wield in there(hill-billy fix). hopefully there might be a better option.

thanks for any info!

/ YM1502D 3pt mount
here is how my plate mounts to the tractor

3pthitch.JPG

/ YM1502D 3pt mount #4  
Hello everybody, I recently bought this YM1502D tractor and whoever had it before me installed a cat 0 3pt hitch.. i am curious if this plate is connected properly. I has 2 bolts holding a sheet of like 3/8" steel and then from this plate a hole is near the top where the lower links of the 3pt hitch hook up. I will post a pic asap. just curious if someone who has a similar tractor could show me what it is supposed to look like.

i didnt notice it till it was too late and i already bought it. but where these 2 bolts are they must have worked themselves loose. one broke off in the housing, and the other broke off a chunk of the housing. I have since then removed the broken off bolt with an easy-out (actually worked like its supposed to!), and the piece of housing that is broken off im thinking about cleaning the break real good and jamming some JB wield in there(hill-billy fix). hopefully there might be a better option.

thanks for any info!

If its not cast and even if it was i think i would weld it up or have someone weld it up. Steel is better in strength than epoxy.

/ YM1502D 3pt mount
Here are a few pics I took, I think what I'm going to do is make some new side plates similar to the ones installed but big enough for a 7/8" bar to go through the plates and through the 2 holes on that center hitch bracket. It seems like it will be the most solid. Then attach my lower arms to the 7/8" bar.

Attachments

• image-2797669912.png
    image-2797669912.png
    988.2 KB · Views: 316
  • image-4034931317.png
    image-4034931317.png
    976.6 KB · Views: 318
   / YM1502D 3pt mount #6  
Graham ,
The 1502 was not made with a 3 point hitch, only a 2 point.

We imported a few of those a few years back (90s) and found out the hard way.:confused:

We made conversion bkts that fixed the 2 point problem.

Also Koyker does not make a loader for the 1502.

/ YM1502D 3pt mount #7  
Ernie, the back of this 1502 looks very similar to my 186D, particularly around the PTO output. How did the original 2 point tiller mount? Did your fabricated brackets use those spots to fasten to the tractor? What material did you use?

/ YM1502D 3pt mount
Thanks Ernie,
I contacted koyker and they said the same thing... I guess it's time to get the welder out

/ YM1502D 3pt mount #9  
Ernie, the back of this 1502 looks very similar to my 186D, particularly around the PTO output. How did the original 2 point tiller mount? Did your fabricated brackets use those spots to fasten to the tractor? What material did you use?

We fabricated our own bkts out of 3/8 steel, then we bolted the lower pins on.