Your Cardiologist Will Not Approve

/ Your Cardiologist Will Not Approve #1  

jaydee325

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere X584 Garden Tractor & LS R3039H
This all started innocently enough for tonights dinner. We had a pound of bacon that we got from our local butcher, but we did not notice it was not cured/smoked. My wife asked if I could smoke it. Sure I says.

Decided to get the charcoal grill going at a low temperature and put the bacon in a cast iron skillet. In the end, cooked up nice and crisp and had a nice mild smoke flavor. Success!

Then, the overall plan was to grill some burgers on the grill and put some bacon strips on and make bacon cheese burgers. I looked at the skillet with all that bacon fat goodness and suggest to my wife that I grill the burgers on the grill, in the skillet of bacon fat!

Guilty pleasure, won't make a habit of it, but dang was it good!!

/ Your Cardiologist Will Not Approve #4  
Sound yummy (y) ...some words one may never here from doctor...((( CLEAR )))

/ Your Cardiologist Will Not Approve #5  
Your style of smoked bacon is more healthy than "factory smoked."
The vast majority of supermarket smoked ham and bacon only sees about 10 seconds of smoke while being injected with something to give it smoke flavor. A diet including a lot of home butchered pork killed several of my ancestors in their 80s and 90s. My aunt that has eat farm butchered pork from the day she leaned to chew celebrated her 100th birthday recently.

/ Your Cardiologist Will Not Approve #6  
This all started innocently enough for tonights dinner. We had a pound of bacon that we got from our local butcher, but we did not notice it was not cured/smoked. My wife asked if I could smoke it. Sure I says.

Decided to get the charcoal grill going at a low temperature and put the bacon in a cast iron skillet. In the end, cooked up nice and crisp and had a nice mild smoke flavor. Success!

Then, the overall plan was to grill some burgers on the grill and put some bacon strips on and make bacon cheese burgers. I looked at the skillet with all that bacon fat goodness and suggest to my wife that I grill the burgers on the grill, in the skillet of bacon fat!

Guilty pleasure, won't make a habit of it, but dang was it good!!
I'd have no problem with cholesterol, but the salt content would be sky high. Causes you to retain water. Could send you into congestive heart failure.