YT359 VS YT347 hydro?

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
Im looking at purchasing A YT359C. I seen this about the hydraulic flow rates between the 359/347 machines. "
However, when it comes to hydraulic flow rates, the 347 exceeds the 359. The smaller tractor can move up to 10.1 gpm (38.3 l/min) for the PTO and 5.7 gpm (21.7 l/min) for the power steering. The 359 only pumps 9.4 gpm (35.5 l/min) through the PTO hydraulics and 5.3 gpm (20.1 l/min) through the power steering " Then it says "The decision largely comes down to the hydraulic system. The higher pumping speeds of the YT347 allows attachments to move faster, but the extra power of the YT359 makes it better for moving heavy loads and maintaining pressure when doing difficult work with attachments "
So if I get the YT359C, Will it have any issues running a backhoe, pto woodchipper, brush mower , manure spreader? Im not sure what would be deemed difficult work with attachments. Also is the lower flow rate to the power steering pump causing issues with the steering being hard to turn from what I was reading from other posts or is that just an isolated situation to certain year? Any help would be appreciated

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #2  
IMO, not enough difference to make a difference in real world use. Yes, side by side, you may notice the 347 move the loader slightly faster, just slightly.

If you need the extra HP of the 359, go for it and don't think twice.

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #3  
PTO and power to the ground are the main difference. If you are doing ground engaging work or something that requires more PTO power, (52 vs. 39.5) consider the YT359, if just working with hydraulic implements and attachments, the YT347 may be best suited for you. Both are phenomenal machines, I am sure you will enjoy either.

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #5  
Congrats!

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #6  
It's probably the same hydraulic pump, but the YT359 is a slower RPM engine because of its longer piston stroke. The YT347 has an almost square engine bore/stroke ratio so it operates at higher rpm. There is a similar hydraulic flow difference in the LX series.

/ YT359 VS YT347 hydro? #7  
The HP is going to matter over the rate of lift or drop of the hydraulics. Most often you have set the implement in position and use HP to drive and carry the implement while trans is turning the implement action. The needs of the implements in HP matter along with total lift capacity. That seems to override hydraulic movement.