ZD326 fuel or electrical problem

/ ZD326 fuel or electrical problem #1  

Fernow

Tractor
JD 870
Have seen this issue described in the past but never with a final solution. Need to know how to fix this problem. Called the Kubota dealer and they said they never heard of such a thing.

ZD 326 200hr. D1005 engine. Maintained.

Engine stopped while in use. Now, key ON position results in NO fuel pump activity and no fuel tank gauge reading. Engine will crank but not start as there is no fuel flowing since the inline fuel pump is not running.

Disconnected the fuel line from the out side of the second fuel filter, jumped the pump directly to the battery and the pump runs and pumps fuel.

So, pump and fuel gauge are getting no electrical power. All fuses in the fuse box are good. (not sure which one fuses the fuel pump).

Is there another fuse not in the fuse box that might do this? Have seen safety switches suggested as a possible cause but has anyone actually found one to be bad and cause this problem?

Thanks. Need to get this fixed cuz the wife wants her mower back!

/ ZD326 fuel or electrical problem #2  
I had an issue like that with my old ZD21. I now have a ZD326. Look at the wires that come off the ignition switch and check any connectors that they make contact. One if mine had pulled loose, it was still connected just not making contact. I think that is how the accessories are fed power. I hope you find it, I understand if momma ain't happy nobody's happy

Steve

/ ZD326 fuel or electrical problem
Thanks

Will check that tonight and post results.

/ ZD326 fuel or electrical problem
Turned out to be one of the contacts in the fuse box (yellow wire at the "Main" fuse) had vibrated down and was no longer making contact with the fuse. Pushed the contact/wire back up. Re-installed the fuse and back up and running!