Zetor 7441 Proxima

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #1  

lb-farmboy

Tractor
Valtra 800 and Valtra 900
I had asked a question on another post about maybe purchasing a used Zetor 7441 in good condition......it is a 2008 model, and I have heard a fair amount of good things about Zetor's quality.....can anyone expand on the overall reliability of the 41 series? Also how about the ease of shifting of gears?

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #2  
I am looking at a Major 80 and have heard the same thing about zetors in regards to reliability. It sounds like a fair deal from what I have seen on sites like Tractorhouse.

Just be sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb. I operated the one I'm looking at and it will not pick itself up with the FEL and it's brand new. Only has 2hrs on it. Now I don't know if this is how Zetor FEL's operate but this is the first tractor that I have seen that would not do that.

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima
Separr, are you dealing with Kevin at Hardin County Tractor? I have talked to him a few times and he is very knowledgeable about Zetors. I am like you that doesn't sound like correct operation......we need some other Zetor owners to chime in on these questions if they could, we would certainly appreciate it!

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #4  
Yes, Kevin is who I'm dealing with and he told me that is how they are designed but I'm just not convinced.

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #5  
Also, I want to note that Kevin has been great to deal with.

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #6  
Zetor is about as good a tractor as money can buy.
Parts and service should be readily available from your local Zetor dealer.
Donald

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #7  
I had asked a question on another post about maybe purchasing a used Zetor 7441 in good condition......it is a 2008 model, and I have heard a fair amount of good things about Zetor's quality.....can anyone expand on the overall reliability of the 41 series? Also how about the ease of shifting of gears?

we have owned many zetors on our farm over the years (models: 6911, 7045, 5211, 5245, and 7341 super.) and i can say that overall they have been a very economical tractor. The best part about them are their motors and fairly heavy duty build for the HP of the tractor. on the otherhand they are not without their problems, most of which are a lot of little things like brittle plastic, brake and electrical issues, and the odd hose and seal leak here and there. larger problems occur usually due to operator error like premature pto clutch wear (hand lever is meant to engage and disengage pto shifter and will burn the clutch if left in the upper "disengage" position for extended periods of time) or power steering clutch release bearing failure due to incorrect or neglected maintenance. That said, we have owned them over a long period of time and i can say that the base mechanical design of the tractors has been pretty much retained to the older models over the years seeing only minor updates until the x3x1 series. This series saw the first major ergonomic and practical updates, like an updated cab with better control layout, conventional powersteering setup, design updates and engine updates. The best thing about these models was that they were still a no nonsense "mechanical" tractor. the new proximas or x4x1 series tractors are even better. Overall quality has steadily improved on zetor tractors since the early 90's. So again, overall a quality no frills tractor.

HOWEVER! i did have the chance to look over the new major 80 and was disappointed. this tractor uses a completely different rear end built by carrarro that cant even compare to the old UR I designs that the proximas or x4x1 series tractor are still based on. The FEL on this tractor is not built by the common supplier of Zetor FEL (Trac-Lift) but some budget substitute. if i was in the market for a sub 100hp zetor i would stick to the UR I based models like the 7341, 7441 proxima model range.

just me 2 cents FWIW

/ Zetor 7441 Proxima #8  
I am looking at a Major 80 and have heard the same thing about zetors in regards to reliability. It sounds like a fair deal from what I have seen on sites like Tractorhouse.

Just be sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb. I operated the one I'm looking at and it will not pick itself up with the FEL and it's brand new. Only has 2hrs on it. Now I don't know if this is how Zetor FEL's operate but this is the first tractor that I have seen that would not do that.

I have no experience with a Major 80, but the FEL on my 4341 will absolutely lift the front of the tractor off the ground. Very easily actually. The 102 loader is very strong. Even with the 8' brush hog that weighs around 1500lbs on the back, I can easily lift the rear wheels if I dig into something to heavy.

I have only had three issues with the 4341. The clutch cylinder leaking, the plastic handle on the PTO clutch broke, and the parking brake sticks occasionally. The first two were cheap easy fixes. I haven't dug into the sticking break issue yet, but figure some lubrication is in order. Also I have had to replace the positive battery terminal twice. The first one I put on was a cheap one and didn't last long. The second was much heavier and haven't had an issue since.