Looking at T234h

/ Looking at T234h #1  

monkeyman9

Tractor
Ford
I was going for a Mahindra, but 2 sellers hosed me in a row on used ones. Came across some leftover T234H tractors. I see they have the mitsubishi engine and the new t264 has the Kukje. Think I'd rather have the mitsubishi especially being cheaper leftovers. Anything I should know about the t234h, problem areas etc?
Are parts hard to find?
Seemed pretty capable when I drove a T264h.

/ Looking at T234h #2  
The Mitsubishi was a very good eng. The two tractors are the same otherwise, except the 264 has linked hst pedals.
Most problems I have seen, with any tractor, any brand could have been avoided with a propper Pre delivery inspection (PDI) and follow up inspection after initial use, and a complete 50 hr service.
A dealer is charged for assemble and a PDI from the manufacture. Our dealership Rechecks every thing that was assembled and another PDI.
This is to avoid the problems. A broken lock washer when installing the loader at the assembly center in 20 Hrs will loosen on the loader,A battery not properly installed on a tractor will shake loose the first time out, the list can go on and on.
So to answer your question of problem areas, it all depends
If set up correctly, its a good little tractor for the money.
I would check all fasteners, hose and wire routing, fluids etc. This is something all manufactures recommend in the operator manual that the owner do with in the first 8 hrs.and in the service table as a Daily check
As for the parts TYM has a good stock, check with your local (selling) dealer

/ Looking at T234h
The Mitsubishi was a very good eng. The two tractors are the same otherwise, except the 264 has linked hst pedals.
Most problems I have seen, with any tractor, any brand could have been avoided with a propper Pre delivery inspection (PDI) and follow up inspection after initial use, and a complete 50 hr service.
A dealer is charged for assemble and a PDI from the manufacture. Our dealership Rechecks every thing that was assembled and another PDI.
This is to avoid the problems. A broken lock washer when installing the loader at the assembly center in 20 Hrs will loosen on the loader,A battery not properly installed on a tractor will shake loose the first time out, the list can go on and on.
So to answer your question of problem areas, it all depends
If set up correctly, its a good little tractor for the money.
I would check all fasteners, hose and wire routing, fluids etc. This is something all manufactures recommend in the operator manual that the owner do with in the first 8 hrs.and in the service table as a Daily check
As for the parts TYM has a good stock, check with your local (selling) dealer

Thanks!

Do you know if the t234h has autothrottle like the t264h? i can't find anything.
TYM sent me the owners and service manual, but not the parts manual any idea where I can get that?
I like to do my research on doing my own repair work before I buy toys

/ Looking at T234h #4  
Thanks!

Do you know if the t234h has autothrottle like the t264h? i can't find anything.
TYM sent me the owners and service manual, but not the parts manual any idea where I can get that?
I like to do my research on doing my own repair work before I buy toys

The T234 does not have auto throttle. The T264 is linked mechanically with cables, and can not be shut off.
TYM or your dealer should be able to print you a parts book. As a dealer our online parts look up is part of our parts ordering system.
This series tractor (K2) has never been sold to Mahindra, Cabelas, RK, Zetor,and Branson.
The older K2 tractors T233,T273 where sold to JCB, Montana,and Lamborghin
There is about 10 other Tractor brands that have had TYM built tractors in there line up.
You may find parts info on a Montana. T2334,T2734 to look at. Main difference to the T234 except badging is theT234 has a larger engine, and a few upgraded parts like the drive shaft.
I am not recommending using other Brands parts books for there numbers or repairs just a reference to look at.

/ Looking at T234h #5  
The T234 seems to have a larger engine in the Mitsubishi versus the Kuje - any big differences there? Mitsubishi installs confidence of finding parts etc, but the extra 1-200 CC generally means alot more Torque?