My new old 155D

/ My new old 155D #1  

lrestivo

Tractor
Yanmar YM155d
I'm new to Yanmar's. I have a couple of old JD hydrostatic garden tractors with hydralic belly mowers ,snow blower and dozer blade that have been reliable but I have needed more attachment options that they didn't have. Namely a loader and backhoe. Then I found this 155D with both on Craig's list only 1 hour from me. I could not let it get away. A late 70's YM155D with 1000 hrs! This made my day!

my155D.jpg

/ My new old 155D #2  
Welcome! Nice looking setup. I need something in that size for my property. Don't need 4wd I'm relatively flat but the small BH. would really be nice. Esp. were I had trees removed this summer. I've Been looking lately at my options, and a setup like that doesn't seem to come up around me. I regret to the day not buying a Kabota B1700 17hp. with a BH. I used it were I cleared and built my house. Done what I needed it to do but had a Ton of Hrs. on it. And a few problems that I had to straighten out. The owner's Co. used it to bury underground cable.

/ My new old 155D #3  
Very nice, a rare find, for sure. Even has the very important sub-frame, tying front and rear together, protecting the bell-housing.

/ My new old 155D #4  
Nice find!! That looks like a super handy machine to have around!

/ My new old 155D #5  
Welcome lrestivo! That looks very nicely cleaned up, obviously the owner cared for it. You'll love it.

Is that the Yanmar YBH600 3-point backhoe? It looks like my hoe, made by ARPS and sold as both YBH600 and Kubota K650. I didn't know you could mount those on the small Yanmars. If you confirm it is, I'll have to try that myself. (See my sig photo below).

We love photos. Thanks for including one in your first post.

/ My new old 155D #6  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: That tractor has been garage kept or repainted. In any event it appears to be a clean machine. I have always drooled over the possibility of a backhoe.

/ My new old 155D
Thanks Guys! Finds like this are very few and far between around North East Oh. I really got lucky on this one...

California, the backhoe is the YBH-600. I want to come up with a better connection then the 3 point. I would like to tie it into the sub frame to give it more stability.

Winston1, you are correct on both. It was barn kept by the original owner who sold it a little over a year ago.(I was able to talk with him.) The man I purchased it from painted it and put new rear tires and a new battery on it. He told me he really could not believe how good its condition was for the years. He had no need for it but could not pass it up.
I've never had a diesel so I have a lot to learn. But I have a lot to do with it too. A couple holding ponds to create to start with to resolve some drainage issues. A new garage is on the bucket list to.

I was able to locate a Yanmar 60 inch drive over belly mower for it and picked it up too. That gentleman threw in 4 wheels. Now I'll need some turf tires. He had a Yanmar dozer blade but didn't want to sell it. He was going to make it work on his new tractor...
I'm going to be busy! LOL!!

/ My new old 155D #8  
Nice find for the tractor and the add-ons to boot!

All I can say is WOW. It has a great paint job that is consistent all around. If I were you, take plenty of pixs now while it's in sharp looking shape.

It will also turn heads down here in the Nashville are at any of our vintage tractor shows.

Treat it with great care, don't do too much snow removal with it since the salts tend to be bad on the machine.

If I had a setup like that, I would definitely get my pond back in shape.

/ My new old 155D #9  
One more question, has that hoe been on it since new and it hasn't damaged the tractor? I've read for any 3-point hoe there is considerable risk of ripping the top 3-point mount out of the transmission - not so much while digging, but rather from shock loads while driving over rough ground.

Here's a 1981 Yanmar price list and specs sheet for your backhoe. (there's more info in this post where I included that.)

I can provide a operator/parts manual for the hoe (Kubota's edition) if you didn't receive a manual with the tractor.

/ My new old 155D
California,

Thanks for the links! A backhoe parts manual would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! It's my understanding the back hoe was added a few years after the tractor was purchased. The little research that I have done so far points to the YBH-650 as the option offered for the 135D, 155, and 155d. It had different stabilizing legs. Not sure if it was a 3 point or a sub frame mount. The original owner never said anything about needing to do repairs because of it though. I'll have to contact him again to find out more and let you know what he says...