Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck)

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
I posted this over in Towing Something Wrong when the conversation shifted to big equipment stuck.

I used a chain to tug the YM186D away from the fence using the backhoe on the YM240, so I wouldn't harm the fence getting unstuck.

First time ever (14 years) that I wasn't able to finally drive out of a stuck under my own power.

530027d1511928984-share-pics-people-hauling-towing-20171121_124750r-2tractors-againstfence-jpg

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #3  
That picture confirms what I've always believed:
A family ought to own at least two tractors. Three is better, and four is just about right.

rScotty

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #4  
Tractors are like chainsaws, you need a spare to get one unstuck.

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #5  
That picture confirms what I've always believed:
A family ought to own at least two tractors. Three is better, and four is just about right.

rScotty

Have 3 .....four would definitely be better!

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck)
Slipped sideways into the fence?
Yep. I was grading moving backward, to fill low spots where deer could go under. I backed over a spot I had just filled that was too loose so the downhill tire fell in a hole. After I struggled a bit there were several parts of the tractor engaged in the fence mesh. The photo is after I pulled the tractor sideways a few inches and got free of the fence.

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #7  
These things happen anytime you are working up against a downhill barrier of any kind. I got a downhill side tree up against my Kioti some time ago between the front and rear wheels, and I though I was never going to get loose. I did manage to seesaw (uphill on loose gravel) and get it free, but the chainsaw was looking awfully good. Working close to a barrier on your downhill side is always dangerous. There is like a vortex of energy that just "sucks" a tractor closer and closer. :)

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #8  
I bet all the guys that mow next to a pond can relate California. You always gotta get "just" a little closer. :shovel:

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck)
The area didn't look impassable. I've said that before .... :p

20171121_124643r2tractors-AgainstFence-2.jpg

/ Gotta have two Yanmars! (Worst Stuck) #10  
Working close to a barrier on your downhill side is always dangerous. There is like a vortex of energy that just "sucks" a tractor closer and closer. :)

I believe that is called "gravity." :D

Bruce