Belarus Tractors

/ Belarus Tractors #31  
Hearsay has a bad habbit of blowing thing out of proportion .:p

The biggest problem was that there where no service manuals made avalable by belarus and dealer support has been dismal cause they did not get to know anything either,all they had to rely on where parts manuals.
Ofcourse when one has bought a new tractor,one goes to the dealer to have it fixed.If the dealer happens to know dickall then things get hairy doesn't it.

Most people don't know how to fix their own equipment regardless of brand anyway.But if the dealers can't fix them then we really got problems.

That by itself don't make a belarus a bad tractor now,does it?

/ Belarus Tractors #32  
Interesting thread I think.
After I left the dairy farm for military service my Dad got himself a Balarus (He called it his Commie tractor). He used it extensively for cutting ROW's alongside of county roads that were out in the middle of nowheres! You name it and it could be found in the ditches! He worked/used it very hard as I recall; I don't remember the exact model but it was 2wd, air-cooled, and I believe diesel and yes it used but a mason jar of fuel for a full days worth of darn hard work!
I'd come home on leave and he'd fondly spin tales of strange things he'd done or experiences he'd had with his commie workhorse! I don't recall him having to repair much on it either. Electrics were one item and brakes were another that I recall. But, whatever he'd had to repair had had to be figured out or replaced by himself. No manual or dealer support. Just good ole yankee intuition. It didn't power compare at all to his old Minneapolis Molines, but it served him well for what he bought it for; and I believe he was quite fond of it. If I found one at a cheap price I'd take it on. A challenge at the least!

/ Belarus Tractors #33  
I know of two Belarus tractors, one walking distance from here, sitting out on the edge of fields with trees starting to grow up through them. Folks around here do not leave anything that has any useful life left in it outside to rot unless it really is junk.

/ Belarus Tractors #34  
Hearsay has a bad habbit of blowing thing out of proportion .:p

The biggest problem was that there where no service manuals made avalable by belarus and dealer support has been dismal cause they did not get to know anything either,all they had to rely on where parts manuals.
Ofcourse when one has bought a new tractor,one goes to the dealer to have it fixed.If the dealer happens to know dickall then things get hairy doesn't it.

Most people don't know how to fix their own equipment regardless of brand anyway.But if the dealers can't fix them then we really got problems.

That by itself don't make a belarus a bad tractor now,does it?

That is not exactly correct. As a dealer growing up, we had plenty of service manuals and dealer support was excellent. (still have them) Techinicians American and Russian were available to dealers at a phone call. Extensive manuals, parts, and service were available. We had mutiple copies and frequently sold them to customers. Belarus conducted multi day service schools based on complete breakdown and repair of units at both Slidell and Milwaukee locations several times a year. Belarus would even fly service techs in to take a look at a serious or unresolvable issue. Several times they would overnight parts, even one day in a unit down emergency, they sent it overnight for Christmas day delivery. What I tended to see was that many dealers sold the tractors to make a quick buck. They did not make use of the resources available. Again, we had full technical manuals, based off of complete breakdown and repair...Full tech specs for almost any repair. One of the oldest "retired" dealers in the US dating back to the late 60's early 70's live near me. He has customers scattered throughout the woods still running, and still a parts room full of some of the most obscure parts. Another friend of mine has a dealership from the early 80's with a Cotton Gin warehouse full of parts. His office is stuffed full of all manners of repair manuals and operator's manuals.

/ Belarus Tractors #35  
Quality and marketability usually dictates what brands survive here in the states.......Belarus, Fiat, MG, Renault, etc, etc. ;)

/ Belarus Tractors #36  
That is not exactly correct. As a dealer growing up, we had plenty of service manuals and dealer support was excellent. (still have them) Techinicians American and Russian were available to dealers at a phone call. Extensive manuals, parts, and service were available. We had mutiple copies and frequently sold them to customers. Belarus conducted multi day service schools based on complete breakdown and repair of units at both Slidell and Milwaukee locations several times a year. Belarus would even fly service techs in to take a look at a serious or unresolvable issue. Several times they would overnight parts, even one day in a unit down emergency, they sent it overnight for Christmas day delivery. What I tended to see was that many dealers sold the tractors to make a quick buck. They did not make use of the resources available. Again, we had full technical manuals, based off of complete breakdown and repair...Full tech specs for almost any repair. One of the oldest "retired" dealers in the US dating back to the late 60's early 70's live near me. He has customers scattered throughout the woods still running, and still a parts room full of some of the most obscure parts. Another friend of mine has a dealership from the early 80's with a Cotton Gin warehouse full of parts. His office is stuffed full of all manners of repair manuals and operator's manuals.
Was maybe that way in the US,here in Canada it might have changed over the years somewhat,but here out west the dealers have largely disapeared,in my area there's only one left.
But all the ones i contacted when i needed something or needed to ask something didn't know a thing.
From the main dealer i managed to get only a parts manual but no service manual. They told me they did not exist.This was prob 6-7 yrs ago.
When i first got my belarus it had a blown head gasket.The PO said it was a yearly problem.
I ordered a new gasket but found it didn't fit correct,the fire ring was bigger than the liner collar. I phoned far and wide for answers incl head office till i finally found a field mech who said,you got the wrong one,order this nr...
The dealer promptly send me the same i had,claiming it was the correct one.
It took a lot of cussing to get them to send the right one.
They kept claiming there is only one model,its the one you got.
Even head office would not budge, so i got that field mech involved,only then i got the right gasket via his outfit.

I had other small issues but i solved them myself.Piss on the dealers

/ Belarus Tractors #37  
I have had some experience with the 250's and a larger 90 HP 4x4 one. Mostly working on some shop customer tractors. THe biggest things were torqueing the bolt to the propper specs and using the correct grade bolt. Plus setting the valves was a biggie. THe 250 I had trouble with the driveline shear pin was the pin had been run with a smaller pin in it and it had worn the bore out. We reamed the bores out and used a better pin. The elctrical got a Delco alternator. THe best thing to do wen they were first purchased was to flush the transmission and rearends with fuel and get all the shavings out. These tractors werent made b the happiest workers.

/ Belarus Tractors #38  
i have a 1978 250 belarus tractor and only thing i replace is a starter and cluch i can chage a cluch in 5 hours from start to finsh i work my tractor in the woods and plowing and i would not have anything els in the winter time i use it for 3 things woods plowing and getting them **** MF and john deer running i would not take 2 of them for my belarus MF and john deer are junk and if it was not for my tractor they would not run untill mid summer and parts are easy to get little pricey and help is just a phone call away most times or help is here on the net there not a hard tractor to work on ( they say nothing runs like a deer what a joke ) so dont go by what some say just like everthing els in this world you find a lemon in everthing made just MF and JD make more lemon than tractors as you see most ppl are saying my friend or someone they know call them junk but they dont real know what there talking about go ask someone face to face who have one let them tell you and you see most like there belarus if you find one in good shape it was well look after buy it cluch and starter after 32years not bad not bad at all :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

/ Belarus Tractors #39  
i have a 1978 250 belarus tractor and only thing i replace is a starter and cluch i can chage a cluch in 5 hours from start to finsh i work my tractor in the woods and plowing and i would not have anything els in the winter time i use it for 3 things woods plowing and getting them **** MF and john deer running i would not take 2 of them for my belarus MF and john deer are junk and if it was not for my tractor they would not run untill mid summer and parts are easy to get little pricey and help is just a phone call away most times or help is here on the net there not a hard tractor to work on ( they say nothing runs like a deer what a joke ) so dont go by what some say just like everthing els in this world you find a lemon in everthing made just MF and JD make more lemon than tractors as you see most ppl are saying my friend or someone they know call them junk but they dont real know what there talking about go ask someone face to face who have one let them tell you and you see most like there belarus if you find one in good shape it was well look after buy it cluch and starter after 32years not bad not bad at all :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Ahh,good to see an other believer in Belarus :thumbsup:

/ Belarus Tractors #40  
Just curious. I've heard tens of thousands of Belarus tractors recently have been sold to Venezuela? Is there anybody to confirm that? If yes, what are the correct sales digits?