Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Default My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO

Purchased a new wheeler a couple days ago. After researching all the UTVs available my choice was the Ranger 400.

I have limited run time on it so the verdict is still out. I plan to post my experience with the machine as time goes on.

It's a very functional rig and bridges between work and recreation very well. The 29 hp liquid cooled engine really moves it out. And the suspension is awesome. Also the unlocking rear
    diff was a must.

The biggest selling point of the vehicle was price. $7700 out the door.

We'll see how it performs over the long haul!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-2349149638-jpg   -image-279904676-jpg  

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

Default Re: My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO

Nice looking machine....I like the size of it...should be nice and nimble when you want to cruise down the trails. Let us know how it goes for you as you get more hours on it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG
    Nice looking machine....I like the size of it...should be nice and nimble when you want to cruise down the trails. Let us know how it goes for you as you get more hours on it.
    Thank u. I like the machine. It's a perfect size. No need to be any larger for my use. It really performs well with fast top speed but also can poke around for work. The suspension really soaks the bumps!

Tractor
    2011 kioti ck 20S Hst,Case D

Congrats on your new rig. I looked really hard at the rangers before I bought my Sportsmens. If they were legal to ride on the road between trails where I live I would have bought one. Craig
    2011 Kioti Ck 20s Hst,60" BB,Buhler Snow Blower

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

I purchased a Polaris 500 efi Ranger in April of this year. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it hauling wood, chainsaws and everything else you can imagine. I have owned a Honda 300, Honda450 ES and a Honda Rubicon. As I got older I enjoy the luxury of throwing stuff in the dump bed instead of strapping stuff down all the time. I miss the engine braking I had with my Honda ATV's but the ride and convienience of the UTV outweighs all that. I never thought I would buy a Polaris because of all the bullet proof Hondas I have owned but didn't like Hondas UTV. THe suspension and ride is incredible on the polaris and with the windshield I put on I won't have to worry about my hands and face freezing in the winter. As for Duability. We shall see..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2012-07-11_19-25-28_807-a   -dsc_0004-jpg   -dsc_0003-jpg  
    Kubota grand L 3130; 723 loader; Hinged back Box Scraper; 7' HD Back Blade; Tooth Bar; PHD w/ 9 & 12 Inch Auger; PEC; Carryall

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Congratulations.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    I purchased a Polaris 500 efi Ranger in April of this year. So far I have put almost 400 miles on it hauling wood, chainsaws and everything else you can imagine. I have owned a Honda 300, Honda450 ES and a Honda Rubicon. As I got older I enjoy the luxury of throwing stuff in the dump bed instead of strapping stuff down all the time. I miss the engine braking I had with my Honda ATV's but the ride and convienience of the UTV outweighs all that. I never thought I would buy a Polaris because of all the bullet proof Hondas I have owned but didn't like Hondas UTV. THe suspension and ride is incredible on the polaris and with the windshield I put on I won't have to worry about my hands and face freezing in the winter. As for Duability. We shall see..

I hear ya on going from Honda to Polaris. Honda is king in my book! But their Big Red UTV is not for me. It's too big! I think Polaris has hit the nail on the head with the midsize UTV's. They are the perfect size. The standard size ranger, gators, etc are just too large for many people... not to mention a large price tag!

Good to hear you have 400 miles on yours. Sounds like you are enjoying it. We have the same tastes... I have a kubota L3830 with LA723 loader. LOL.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF 1652 FEL

Congrats. I have the 400 HO ATV version and love it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by LazySusanFarms View Post
    Congrats. I have the 400 HO ATV version and love it.
    Thank you! Good to hear! Has it been reliable for you?

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Congrats. I also have the atv version and love it. That ranger will fit in the back of a truck too.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast