My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #12  
Congrats on the new ride. I picked up the 500 version and it is serving me very well. It has yet to have it's first bath plus has a big stick wedged next to the fuel tank but it doesn't seem to mind. The fuel efficiency has to be the most impressive feature. I did upgrade tires to the reptiles and I put the probox top. Good luck with it!

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO
Good to hear others have purchased the midsize ranger. I thought I was the only one! Lol

Went on a cruise this evening on my road after mowing. Gotta love the cool breeze. The thing really cruises effortlessly. Power to spare! The headlight are very impressive. Really lights up the night!

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #14  
Purchased a new wheeler a couple days ago. After researching all the UTVs available my choice was the Ranger 400.

I have limited run time on it so the verdict is still out. I plan to post my experience with the machine as time goes on.

It's a very functional rig and bridges between work and recreation very well. The 29 hp liquid cooled engine really moves it out. And the suspension is awesome. Also the unlocking rear
diff was a must.

The biggest selling point of the vehicle was price. $7700 out the door.

We'll see how it performs over the long haul!

Why didn't you go with the 500EFI? I see the price was fantastic they gave you on the 400 but were you quoted on the 500??

johnk said:
Why didn't you go with the 500EFI? I see the price was fantastic they gave you on the 400 but were you quoted on the 500??

The 400 is actually a 450 cc. There's less than 50 cc diff. And only around 2 or 3 hp difference. But price is $1000 more for the 500.

Also I prefer the carb vs efi. I can take apart the carb, etc. I cannot fix a bad engine computer. I prefer the simple carb on this type of a machine. For a car or truck I would have the opposite opinion.

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #16  
I prefer the efi. Altitude changes etc. No choking in the sub zero weather. Better throttle response. I guess it all reflects in the price though. You got yours a lot cheaper than what I paid for the 500 efi..

johnk said:
I prefer the efi. Altitude changes etc. No choking in the sub zero weather. Better throttle response. I guess it all reflects in the price though. You got yours a lot cheaper than what I paid for the 500 efi..

Yeah if I was running in high altitude I would deffiently go with the efi!!!

I'm very pleased with the 400's performance. Plenty of giddy yup!

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #18  
Congrats on the new machine...Looks very nice...Polaris does have some get up and go.

/ My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #19  
WOW very nice looking and I hope you have as much FUN with yours as I have had with mine. No problems so far and the local dealer has been real nice. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Ranger 001.jpg
    Ranger 001.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 1,441
   / My new Polaris Ranger 400 HO #20  
I was wondering about engine braking on the rangers. I have a sportsman 500, and it has engine braking. Just have to use the thottle for it to work. Just barely on the gas and barely on the brakes and it goes downhill pretty good.