Shimming Pressure Relief Valve

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #21  
Bye the way DF, did you re-adjust to 2611 psi per manual or
leave it higher.

I set it to about 2700psi. 3000 psi is WAY too high. I warned the dealer about that and I was
told they would check pressures when new units came in. That's when I found out final
assembly was done in Fargo, ND, and not at the dealer's place.

I was surprised to find the spec differed from Kioti's spec, which is only printed in the service
manual. I saw a PDF of the Bobcat manual at the Bobcat display at the World Ag Expo. I do
have the Kioti service manual.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/155427-why-you-have-check-those.html

Any work port is more than adequate to measure RV pressure, as long as you cause the
pump to go to relief, as I stated above.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #22  
Most of these small gear pumps are rated to 3500-4k but like JJ said the implements will not handle the added pressures. If your loader will lift 3000lbs at 2600PSI. Raising the pressure to 3000PSI would make it lift almost 500lbs more but it is not designed to lift that weight so you "MAY" break something. That is how the manufactures set a "limit" to what you can do. The pump rating means nothing as long as you don't exceed it's pressure rating with the relief setting. Pressure is the result of resistance and nothing more. The biggest power units I build use pumps rated to 6900psi and the relief setting range anywhere from 3000psi to 5500psi and is adjusted according to the torque required. CJ