Shimming Pressure Relief Valve

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve
Yes I do DF. Thank you guys for all the help and advice.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #12  
Thanks JJ. Have I errored upping the loader relief valve from 2400 to 2600? The manual quoted "system relief @ quick couplers 2611 psi".

Can you show a pic of your FEL valve and remote valve if you have one.

If the tractor came set at 2611 psi, the pump pressure is probably capable of higher pressure.

If you have a hyd block, show a pic of that also.

Just curious how many relief valves you have.

It is odd to see a FEL valve without a relief valve.

You should be correct to set all the reliefs to 2611 psi.

The relief valve I adjusted was at the fel valve. I have a itergal joy stick. I will try to get a picture today. I do not have any remotes.
Thanks for interest.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #15  
Just for grins, plug in the gage at the IN port of the loader valve, and raise the 3pt to max and cause the relief valve to activate and read the pressure.

The 3pt may activate at a lower pressure, and if so, just bump it up to 2611 psi as stated in your manual..

All the relief setting should be the same.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #16  
The relief valve I adjusted was at the fel valve.

SKINNY: that's the only adjustable RV in your hydraulic system, even if you added the
factory remote valves. If you had no FEL, DaeDong puts another hydraulic block with
RV where your FEL valve is currently located.

On the right side of your 2nd photo, you can seen one of the hydraulic pressure lines,
which use a banjo fitting. This makes it very difficult to plumb anything into the IN
or PB lines, like a pressure gauge.

I put my gauge at the cylinder end of a FEL work port hose (photo), or at one of the AUX
valve workport outlets, then operate that valve to relief.

I have owned, worked on, and modified 3 of these tractors.

Attachments

• 3000psi_3a.jpg
    3000psi_3a.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 182
   / Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #17  
If the tractor came set at 2611 psi, the pump pressure is probably capable
of higher pressure.

No. You can not assume that. My Bobcat came set to 3000psi, and I know of one other set higher
than spec. There were clearly some QA issues in Fargo. It is bad enough that Kioti specs it at
2560, and Bobcat uses 2611, tho the pumps are identical.

Bye the way DF, did you re-adjust to 2611 psi per manual or leave it higher.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #19  
No matter what someone else set their relief valve at, use what your manual says.

There may be other reasons why they set the pressure to 2611 psi.

Some people try and tweak it higher for more power, but it is hard to know how far to go up on the pressure relief and still be safe.

As far as where to put the gage, if you plug into a work port as dfkrug says, you will only read the pressure for that valve work ports.

If you can find a place to add a tee after the pump but before the first valve, that would be the place to add a pressure gage for the total system. If your hyd system only has banjo fittings, it will be hard to mount a gage permanently. It can be done by cutting and using a compression tee fitting for the gage.

So if you install the gage after the pump, which ever valve lever you operate, you will read the pressure on that circuit, be it the 3pt, remote valve, or loader valve.

The pressure gage after the pump in series with the hyd flow, will let you monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.

If you only plug the gage in a work ports, you will read the pressure the cyl is developing.

If you raise the loader empty, you might only read about 500 psi to 800 psi.

/ Shimming Pressure Relief Valve #20  
No. You can not assume that. My Bobcat came set to 3000psi, and I know of one other set higher
than spec. There were clearly some QA issues in Fargo. It is bad enough that Kioti specs it at
2560, and Bobcat uses 2611, tho the pumps are identical.

And yes, I can assume that as they would never set the relief to the pumps max pressure.

The pressure is probably set lower to protect the pump, and other components.

I would assume that they pay those engineers big bucks to come up with the correct and safe settings and limits on load, digging power, etc.

What if those cyl have a 2500 psi rating. Would you set the relief pressure to 3000 psi?