CT445 high pitch whine in reverse

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #1  

Chet Parks

Tractor
Bobcat CT445
Hello,
I have a 2011, CT445 that has developed a high pitch whine when driving in reverse after the engine is warmed up. I remember reading something about this situation here on TBN about 5 years ago I think it had something to do with a valve? Is it something that I should be concerned with? I think I remember there was a repair kit? Can someone please help me find that article?
Thanks
Chet

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse
Winston, yes I think thats it. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
Chet

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #4  
The in field fix was to add a hose to act as an accumulator to absorb the vibration pulses caused by the charge pressure relief chattering. Final production fix was a redesign of the relief valve to prevent it from chattering.

SSdoxie, Thanks for the added info. I'll stop at the local Bobcat dealer in a couple of days to see if I can get the updated relief valve.
Thanks again
Chet

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #6  
I don't know if the updated relief valve will fit in older pump, or if the charge relief can be replaced without removing and disassembling pump. Won't to ask.

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #7  
The field fix is quick, easy and painless and effective.

Dennis and James,
Thanks for the advice, I almost ashamed to admit that I probably have no right owning a tractor because I have absolutely no knowledge of where things are or how they work on them, but they are fun and I'm learning as I go. I consider myself rather mechanically inclined and and can fix most things if I know what to do. When I go to the dealer I'll see what I can find out from them about the parts for the field fix. Thanks again for all your help.
Chet

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #9  
Look at post 350 it shows some photos of the parts to replace for the field fix. (my tractor has this fix). The part numbers are included in the post. But I will post them here also.

Part numbers from the parts bags they came in, are as follows: New style eyebolt to replace existing~ part # T4125-39101.
Attenuator hose: part # T4125-39001
Cord band,(cable tie) part # T2185-82551

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...verse-35.html?highlight=dk40+whine+in+reverse
keep in mind this thread is very long and very contentious.

post 363 has a drawing

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...verse-37.html?highlight=dk40+whine+in+reverse

Post 366 has photo's

/ CT445 high pitch whine in reverse #10  
Dennis and James,
Thanks for the advice, I almost ashamed to admit that I probably have no right owning a tractor because I have absolutely no knowledge of where things are or how they work on them, but they are fun and I'm learning as I go. I consider myself rather mechanically inclined and and can fix most things if I know what to do. When I go to the dealer I'll see what I can find out from them about the parts for the field fix. Thanks again for all your help.
Chet

Chet, no problem, we are glad to help, see my previous post for the part numbers.. It took the Kioti tech all of 5 minutes to complete this repair under warranty in my driveway.