Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Hitch on your backhoe

Has anyone ever placed a hitch onto their backhoe so that they are able to haul a trailor behind the backhoe and use this trailor for carrying stuff that the backhoe has dropped into it.Either a ball hitch or a pintel hitch.

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

Default Re: Hitch on your backhoe

No... but the idea has potential.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Quote Originally Posted by joes_427_vette
    No... but the idea has potential.
    YES,
    I built this one out of a chunk of Ibeam and made it so i can attach my reese hitches to it.When im ready to move,i reach down and pick up the i beam with my thumb and away i go.Works slick
    ALAN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Bronze Member

I was thinking more from the bottom of the backhoe or bottom of the first arm. That way you can be driving along in the tractor to a site lets say where you want to get some gravel or rock,etc and hauling the trailor behind you and when you get to where you are going can then get in the seat of the backhoe and start digging and loading whatever it was you were looking for into the trailor without disconnecting the trailor from the back of the tractor. I think this would be easier if you had a pintel hitch on the backhoe instead of a ball.

Are you getting the picture now.

Tractor
    Iseki TA 207

I am still working on a desighn to put one on my trackhoe. I have put one on the front of my Truckster. It is really handy. I have a Reese type on my ZTR also. It is the first machine I can actually back a 4 wheel wagon with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota B7500

escavader,

Do you worry about damage to the hoe? I have thought about something similar but wondered if dragging something like that without the stabilizers down would put stress on the hoe or back of the tractor - stress that was not intended. I don't think it would be problem to move a trailer or 2 around, but pulling a load of dirt or rocks might be different. Maybe it isn't a problem but it made me wonder!

I explored the idea of a special draw bar - that fit in the drawbar hole on the tractor, dropped lower (to miss the hoe) and then extended out under the hoe. I built a prototype but abandoned the idea - just too much distance and therefore very difficult to make something that is strong enough. I was going to use it with a 4 wheel wagon so I didn't need weight on the hitch but it had to be able to handle pressure and pull from side to side.
    Mike

B7500, Loader: LA302, Backhoe: B4675, 3ph splitter, 3ph dump hauler, 5' Bush Hog, 5' rear blade, Chipper, 1 Wife, 3 Daughters and 2 Dogs (oh yeah...cat too but who counts them)

Tractor
    Jinma 354, Ford 1953 NAA Golden Jubilee, Komatsu Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler kelly
    Has anyone ever placed a hitch onto their backhoe so that they are able to haul a trailor behind the backhoe and use this trailor for carrying stuff that the backhoe has dropped into it.Either a ball hitch or a pintel hitch.
    Yes, here is a link to one I built a little over 3 years ago:

CLICK HERE Not sure what size hoe you have. Moving small trailers around is one thing, hauling a loaded trailer may be another. I suppose it would depend on the size of the trailer, load weight and how big the hoe is.

Here are some random pictures

If this could somehow be constructed so the bucket would not have to be removed, it would be much more useful.

Larry
    My Fortune cookies:
    If you have to ask if you can do something, you probably can't.
    Life is short, especially if you forget to wake up the next day.
    He who hurries wastes time.
    If you must select between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried before.
    Tractor hydraulics is not rocket science.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

[QUOTE=dillo99]escavader,

Do you worry about damage to the hoe? I have thought about something similar but wondered if dragging something like that without the stabilizers down would put stress on the hoe or back of the tractor - stress that was not intended. I don't think it would be problem to move a trailer or 2 around, but pulling a load of dirt or rocks might be different. Maybe it isn't a problem but it made me wonder!
    The trailer i tow is a 4 by 5 homemade dump trailer,there isnt alot of tounge weight,it tows easy even loaded with rocks ive used it for a few years with no issues,great for final project cleanups so far so good besides i carry 2 or 300 lb rocks around cant be any harder on it then that
    ALAN
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1800 and 2010 B3030

Quote Originally Posted by GuglioLS
    Yes, here is a link to one I built a little over 3 years ago:

/GuglioLS/BH%20Thumb/th_BoomPolePaintBrush.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Larry
    You know you're good when you can paint the house with the backhoe!

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

If a problem shows up it will be a bent cylinder rod. They are the weakest link on the hoe and will bend first. I personally would never consider pulling a trailer from my hoe for that very reason.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast